Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

secret divorce?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
I have posted before about my abusive hubby...I WANT A DIVORCE!!!!but if i tell him o hell will break loose..i dnt want him to know....can i file for divorce w/o him knowing? Where do i go to get a divorce? Do i have to pay? Plz i need help
how long does it take...we have 2 kids...his name is not on one(he said he didnt want to be on child support)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Amber211
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM

There has to be somewhere you and your kids can go (around here it's Oasis) it's a shelter for women and kids in abusive situations like yours. Then, you can stay there and get all the legal stuff worked out. Do you have some family that can help you and keep you safe? I will be praying for you!!!

Amber211
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I think you do have to pay to file for divorce, here in Michigan  you do.

25beengoodtome
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:42 PM

If you have children, you have to do one year of separation before you can file for divorce(in most states) I've never heard of a secret divorce - unless you get a quickie in Las Vegas, I don't know how legitimate that could or would be.

You'd best contact a divorce lawyer (or call Legal Aid) in your area. I think he has the right to contest the divorce.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)