Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anybody been to hometown buffet lately??

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

me and my husband just went there for sunday breakfast. its been awhile since we been. but we remember it being pretty good. and remember paying about $10 per person. well we just went and it was only $4.99 and then we had to pay an extra $1.50 per person for drinks. we don't remember paying extra for drinks before. anyways we get in there and the selection is very very poor. a lot less then before. there was no fruit or salad bar. it was covered up and there was just cereal there. it was just basic breakfast stuff. eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, waffles and pancakes. and oh there was no dessert like there was before. what the heck happened?? are all hometown buffets like this now?? or just this one?? we ate a little bit but ended leaving we were so disappointed.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:26 PM

We havent been there for a long time but we heard on their commercial or radio ad (cant remember which) drinks are extra now and dinner price is 9.99.   We have never gone to the sunday brunch since it is always packed.    Did there used to be a salad bar at their sunday brunches before?

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM

yes even at sunday brunch there was a full salad bar w/ fruits and veggies and a bunch of dessert. you know all the cookies and cakes and that. they didn't have any of that. just a few breakfast items and thats it. the only cool thing i did notice was they have iccees now where all the drinks are. but other then that, it totally sucks there now. for breakfast anyways.

seffiepoo
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:31 PM

i've never been to the breakfast one but the dinners charge you for the drinks. they also added a slurpee thing to the one here. and they still have the salad bar.

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM

hhhmmm must have been awhile since we gone. cuz we have never had to pay for drinks before. this is something new for sure. in our area anyways. drinks have always been included in the buffet price. it just totally reminded me of 1 of those continental breakfasts that you get at a hotel. oh ya....they also had a bunch of bread and bagels sitting out and a toaster. what the heck?? i know they never had that before. me and my husband were totally tripping out. this is not what hometown buffet use to be at all. its totally different.

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:41 PM

the one in my town went out of business.

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM

We went the other day. They just re-did their drink bar and added slushies and stuff, and now they charge for it. I've never had a problem with them, though. They always have a great selection at ours.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Maybe due to the slushee/icee machine is why they are charging for drinks now.  We are waiting for more coupons until we can go again.

mommyofagirl06
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:14 PM

ours is called old country buffet but its the same price

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)