Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? about sippy cups

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
How did you teach your little one how to use a sippy cup? We got DD one today, but we don't know how to teach her to use it. She's 7 months, if that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:41 PM

All I did was give mine theirs and they took right to it!!

pyrateprincess
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:42 PM

same lol

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

All I did was give mine theirs and they took right to it!!

moonorchid84
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I used the NUBY cups as a transition cup because it has a silicone top that babies can still suckle on. My DD used those for a few months and would not use a regular sippy...so I just waited and would give her a hard top sippy occationally and the first time she drank out of it I threw the NUBY's away.

Hope this helps!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Hmm i am not sure.   DD just knew how to drink from it.  We used a soft spout first and i held it to her mouth.  She also liked the straw ones better by munchkin, they have the  soft straws.

AirForceWife14
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:48 PM
We got a nuby sippy cup with the handles, and she will hold it her hand and shake it, but idk if she just doesn't like the nipple thing on it or not, or if she just doesn't like apple juice? She's had it before, but maybe the juice was too cold for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2lilGarrett
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I held my son and let him hold it like a bottle at first (with no handles) and then I bought different sippies to adjust to them. He still likes the no handle ones better.

sweet.lil.mama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

idk my son just went from the bottle to the soft spout nubys they are sippies so im not too worried at least hes off the bottle :) she will get it eventually

aanddplus2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM
My son didn't know that he had to tip it up in order to get anything out of it so we leaned him back in a reclined position until he caught on. He was 7 months old as well and never had a bottle after that.
25beengoodtome
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Put 1-2 tsp of water in the cup. Place the mouth-part at her lips & tilt up. she'll feel the water & lick her lips. Is she holding her own bottle? yes, then she'll catch on pretty quickly. Not holding her own bottle, then you'll be teaching her to hold the cup & tip it up for a sip. (Use water, for less mess & stains.)

AmiJanell
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:10 PM

We just offered it with meals not expecting that he would drink much from it with time he just figured it out. At first we did have to entice him though because he didn't understand it and we put watered down juice in it, which was a treat for him, so he was more eager to try to drink from it. Once he figured it out we put milk in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)