Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever done inpatient hospitalization for mental illness?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM
  • 16 Replies

How long were you gone? How far from home were you? Did you have kids then? Were you married?

What was it like?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aka_speezolove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM

BUMP!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:51 PM

BUMP!

Brooke501
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:53 PM

BUMP!

WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM

bump

Jonathan101909
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:59 PM

My MIL has, told me all about it. She was gone for 7 days her first suicide attempt, 14 on her second. Just a few miles away at the local hospital, they have psych ward there. She has 2 adult kids, one pathetic druggie. They other my amazing husband. she's divorced, has been for 16 yrs. Still deeply in love with his father. Its not mutual.

Rhyne
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:00 PM
I haven't but my best friend was. She was 17 at the time and went in for severe depression, eating disorder and her parents just thought she was crazy. She said she had a room mate who thought she was Jesus, they didn't have bathroom doors. And it was group therapy, art time and "reflection tine" most of the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nzumbe
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:02 PM

It depends on the hospital.  One hospital I was there for over two months, the other times were at at different hospital and they only keep you for about a week.

The first hospital was about half an hour away and the other was only 10.

I had kids and an SO during my last stay but not any of my others. 

It's really boring.

SuperPookie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:02 PM

bump

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Quoting aka_speezolove:

How long were you gone? How far from home were you? Did you have kids then? Were you married?

What was it like?

I have done impatient from 2 days to 4 weeks. its lonely, weird, sometimes scary, and heart breaking being away from family

however. when i was truly sick. IE suicidal it saved my life

amburgirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I went for Four days days...I was not far away from home....i live in the suburbs...so i was taken into the city...bout 20 min or so...same palce I gave birth actually....I was married with children...

I'll let you assume why i was there but My experience went a little something like this....

So I go through the whole medical thing...and during intake it was deemed nessary for me to be housed in a unit...

I was put In a room by myself with a camera watching everything i did...except bathroom use of course..they made sure i wasn't a HIGH risk...but they kept a watchful eye on me....My room wan't locked I could go in and out as i pleased...although i couldn't leave the floor i was on...we had usual group sessions...meal times...counsel time...family could only visit during family hours....although my boys didn't come to see me...my husband, and both MIL's did...

I remember being put on meds tho...I can't remember if there was tv or not...but there were plenty of games...writing paper...and NO COFFEE....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)