Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vacuum cleaner.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:46 PM
  • 30 Replies

I am in desperate need of a new vacuum. Was curious to what you have and do you like it or not?

I am used to a Kirby growing up and I bought a cheap Bissell, so I don't have a good opinion on other brands.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sagely
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I have the Dyson DC14.  I love that it is easy to maneuver and there are very few things it doesn't get up.  And compared to the Bissell Healthy Home...it's like picking up a newborn after carrying a preschooler all day.

I'm not a big fan of the extensions.  I'd rather have the flexibility of a hose than the stick I have to use to get corners or clean up the couch.

Average Dyson price is $400-600

Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I just bought a Hoover Nano Lite a few months ago, and I love it! It's lightweight, easy to use on stairs, and has really good suction.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hoover-Nano-Light-Upright-Compact/10174466

Mama2lilGarrett
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:56 PM

BUMP!

primadonna
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Sebo if you want a true vacuum.  All the others are just cheap, carpet sweepers that don't get all the way down to the pad. I got mine here in my hometown from a vacuum center - not sure where you are but the Sebo website can refer you to someone near you!  Here's the one I have: http://www.sebo-vacuums.com/Products/x4x5.htm

Good luck!

Group Owner: http://www.cafemom.com/group/budgetingandfinances
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I currently have a Eureka my mil gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago, but I HATE it! LOL, so I'm not any help here. ;)

Rhyne
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM
Dyson!! Best vacuum I have ever had, I've had it for two years and it hasn't lost any suction. It also came with a 5 year warranty. Best part, my carpet always looks brand new! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I have a kirby G3 that I got used at goodwill for $30, then I got the attachments for $20 on ebay. AWESOME vacuum! I highly recommend looking for a used one!

Mama2lilGarrett
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM

BUMP!

MandyOs
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I have a Eureka. Super cheap, lightweight, and heavy duty. I've been vacuuming since 10 years old and this is my favorite vacuum to date. They sell it at Target for like $70-$80. I just checked and it's $60

Sophiaria
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I have the Oreck Platinum Pilot. I LOVE IT!!!

I am a Non Vaccinating, Montessori School Sending, gardening, photography loving, Non-Spanking, C-Section, Hard Working SAHM, pottery making, cloth diapers, rear facing 1 year old who will continue to be rf as long as her carseat allows, spinning, pilates, yoga, play date arranging, organic eating, energetic, and loving teen mommy to a soon to be 1 yr old May 20, 2009 and wife to TJ.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)