Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your kids are way too happy.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

Not one part of that sentence makes sense to me!

That is what my moms boyfriend told me today, about my 3yo DD, and 2yo DS.

They were laughing and playing together.. then started giggling at the show on Nick JR, then went back to laughing and playing together.

He said that that is not normal, and that my kids are way too happy.

WTF?? Isn't that the point of being parents to make our kids happy??

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElevenEleven
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:35 PM

I get that about my son.

"oh such a happy kid!"

I'm like, yeah for the moment.
Wait til he looses his patience and then it's all over...
[guess who he gets the lack of patience from]
yup, you're yours truly, lol.

grammarpolice
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I see  nothing wrong with your kids playing together nicely and being happy. But  IMO the point of being parents is to raise the kids so that they will become, functional, self-supporting, responsible, caring, compassionate, and happy adults - not to make our kids happy.

SavageMom86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM

My kids are generally happy kids though. they play and have fun way more often then they have melt downs.. I thought that's how it's supposed to be LOL

SavageMom86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Quoting grammarpolice:

I see  nothing wrong with your kids playing together nicely and being happy. But  IMO the point of being parents is to raise the kids so that they will become, functional, self-supporting, responsible, caring, compassionate, and happy adults - not to make our kids happy.

I want my kids to be HAPPY while they are doing all of those things.. Are you saying you want your kids to do all of those things, yet not be happy at the same time?

tippymorgan08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has been told that silly nonsense. I hear that all the time about our two kids. "Oh they're so happy all the time! That's so unusual!" How is it unusual? That's just my kids' personalities. They are happy kids, probably because they have happy parents. My husband and I are almost always smiling and laughing too, and kids pick up on the emotions they are around the most. I'm glad to have such happy children.

superflyinlove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I was a super happy child myself....   he probably just can't relate.  He probably had a crappy childhood. 

connietrrll
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I used to get that all the time. I want my kids to have a child hood worth remembering. Not one that the end up focusing on all the bad stuff that happens. My kids when they are in good moods are hysterical. They are 24, 17, and 13. You would think there was no difference in age sometimes. I love it.

Mom2theboy1994
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Darn you! No happy kids. Didn't you get the memo? Jeez. ;)

athenax3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:45 PM

My BIL said that about our family- he came down (running from his life I might add) and told my dh that we were "too happy to be normal"- ugh, turd- I guess if you're a miserable fuck you think everyone else is supposed to be to.

Suri2010
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:48 PM
I hear it all the time. My son is really good when we go out. But then the usual unplanned tantrum comes out. But I have a very happy boy too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)