Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh had to pull on the mommy gloves .......

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

I told DD to go pick up her Moon sand. I told her 3 times, last time i said that if mommy had to come clean it up, mommy was going to throw it all away. She said ok , throw it in the trash. *sigh* Thankfully there wasnt that much left, so i made her stand there and watch as i threw the rest of it all in the trash. I told her she wont get anymore for awhile cause she cant/wont clean it up. And it sucks cause she loves that stuff and will sit there for hours playing. But .....had to follow through with what i said !!! 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Aamy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM

BUMP!

epoh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:48 PM
I've done that with playdough but I let DD earn it back. She was reaaaaally good for the rest of that night lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetwatertaffi

good job mamma

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:48 PM

lol you go mommy!

elly25

Did that before. With play dough and moon sand.

vgmomof2grtkds
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I have been having to do that with my daughter.  How else will they learn that we mean business if we don't follow through?

okhsmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I don't see this as a victory for you.  You threatened, your dd said, suit yourself, toss it.  In the end she didn't seem to mind losing the stuff and you were unsuccessful at getting her to clean up after herself. 

Aamy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Quoting okhsmom:

I don't see this as a victory for you.  You threatened, your dd said, suit yourself, toss it.  In the end she didn't seem to mind losing the stuff and you were unsuccessful at getting her to clean up after herself. 

What ever. It worked. She asked for it back and i said no. She has to earn it back. So she is in her room at this moment cleaning ...... so yeah i say its a win for me. But what ever. Think as you like. 

Aamy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Quoting vgmomof2grtkds:

I have been having to do that with my daughter.  How else will they learn that we mean business if we don't follow through?

Exactly. Guess some moms think not so much. But hey, i told her she had to earn it back and clean her room ...... guess where she is now ?? In her room cleaning. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)