Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy crap!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

Today I went to the grocery and as I was getting DD out to go inside I saw this younger girl (maybe 19-22?) walk out with no bags just a little girl in a infant seat.

I didnt think anything of it other then "aw" Well she walked to the car next to us and I see her just open the door, put the baby in so the baby was facing FORWARD (baby was MAYBE 5 months old?) and there was NO BASE and hop in her car and drive off!

I looked for plates to call 911 cause omg who does that but there was no plates.

I tried to call anyways (right in town and there are cops all over) but I had no service.

Omg I hope the baby is ok and mom just wasn't paying attention =(

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Wow, scary!

ChelseasFamily
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I've seen that kind of thing several times...it's so sad.

maybaby08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM

There doesn't have to be a base, they can be used safely (obviously rear facing only) without one. Crazy lady. Hope the baby is okay!

SpiritFortress
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:45 PM

That is unsafe. But I'm old enough to remember when we were little and didn't wear seat belts. I don't think I wore a seat belt until I had children and used car seats. More cars on the roads, people driving and yapping on cell phones or texting, yeah, proper car seats need to be used.

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Quoting maybaby08:

There doesn't have to be a base, they can be used safely (obviously rear facing only) without one. Crazy lady. Hope the baby is okay!

There are ones that you can buckle themselves but she didnt even bend over... she literally just placed it down and shut the door.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)