• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In the Ladies Room

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

OK! so im in the ladies room and i see this boy come in with his mother. BUT he looks like is is like 10 or 11 yrs. how old is to old to bring your son in the RR with you?

embarrassed

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM

my son is 7 yrs old. i still bring him in the ladies room w/ me. he will only go into the mens room when my husband is w/ us to go w/ him. i think it totally depends on the child and the area, but i would say once they hit 10 yrs old, its getting a little old.

Summer04
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Well I bring my boy in w/me & he's 10yrs old.

He doesn't see anything & he doesn't go in the stall w/me & it's not like he's seeing any naked women!

Why do I bring him in there? Well I most certainly am leaving a 10yr old boy alone where he can be taken by someone! I won't leave him at Walmart outside the door, or Kmart or Target.

I don't care who doesn't like it, I'm keeping my child safe.  Oh & my son understands why!

theycallmemom4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Nowadays, I don't think that's to old to be in the ladies room. My son will be 7 in July and I still make him go in with me, he hates it but I'd rather him hate it then not have him.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I don't think that's too old, especially if you're not sure that establishment would be safe to let him go into the men's room alone. I think you can bring a boy into the ladies' room for long past the point where it would be okay to take a girl into the men's room because the ladies use stalls and are therefore hidden away so there's nothing to see there.

imthatgirl728
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM

If a mother doesn't feel comfortable with her child going in with out her...then he should go into the ladies room.

I honestly don't understand why some women get weird about it. But I do get dirty looks with my 6yo (he looks about 10), but who cares.

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Red is 6 years old, and I bring him in with me all of the time. I try to find the family bathrooms. I'm sure he'll be 10 and still coming in with me. He's Autistic. Also, you can't be too careful!

pagan 2Pagan in loveParents (March 14, 2006) to backpackRed (2004), toddler boyMonkey (2007), and baby boyLump (2009).
jigsaw ribbon grey ribbonlove you sign Autism, Milk Allergy and Deafness can't defeat us!

CreativeEdge
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM
Like a pp said it dependson the child and place. I think it alsodepends on the situation. I would definitely put my sons safety most important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SThompson21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:49 PM

LOL i totally thought you meant you were in the ladies room right this second! LMAO! umm..i dont know what the appropriate age to quit doing that is. 

SThompson21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM

ok so off topic..you are really pretty LOL

momof2146
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Quoting Summer04:

Well I bring my boy in w/me & he's 10yrs old.

He doesn't see anything & he doesn't go in the stall w/me & it's not like he's seeing any naked women!

Why do I bring him in there? Well I most certainly am leaving a 10yr old boy alone where he can be taken by someone! I won't leave him at Walmart outside the door, or Kmart or Target.

I don't care who doesn't like it, I'm keeping my child safe.  Oh & my son understands why!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)