Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY BANK DID WHAT!?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM
  • 38 Replies

okay so i decided to check mine and my husband account balances today online and it says my available balance is 1,159.17 but i know for a fact i only have 200 in there cause i just paid all my bills. Well i checked my husbands and i know for a fact he only has 88 dollars in there but it says his available balance is 482.98. WTH!? Has this ever happened to anyone? My husband went tot he atm to see if it was an error but it wasn't and it let him take out 150$ and then we checked his balance again and it said 333 or something like that. Has this ever happened to anyone and what happened if it did?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               baby boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Leo Harry born 5-13-2010

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toadysmommy09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM

they may have deposited extra $$ into your account by accident. You SHOULDNT have touched it until you knew what was up. Now, when they recognize their mistake, they'll automatically withdraw it from your account and you'll overdraft

MZ.ZAPATA1015

that has happen to me but i ended up having to pay the amount i took out back..

Christinamm

the checks may not have cleared yet. 

beanerbecky

Don't spend it. If it's a mistake they're gonna want it back.

ETA - I just reread the post. If you just paid bills, the companies probably haven't cashed the checks yet. If you withdraw money that you used to write checks, you're going to overdraft.

mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM

here is the weird thing, it isn't just my account. It also happened to my husbands account, my brothers account and both of my parents accounts there as well.

Quoting toadysmommy09:

they may have deposited extra $$ into your account by accident. You SHOULDNT have touched it until you knew what was up. Now, when they recognize their mistake, they'll automatically withdraw it from your account and you'll overdraft

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               baby boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Leo Harry born 5-13-2010

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Why did he take out $150 if he only had $88? He can get charged for that - it could even be a felony. It's obviously a mistake that needs to be corrected by the bank, call them tomorrow morning and stop taking money out!

paralegalmommy

well if you just paid all your bills it's quite possible that the recipients may not have debited your account yet... just sayin' maybe you might want to reconcile your bank book with what has cleared online before you go spending $ you (or your dh) don't have because if it IS a bank error, they WILL go in and take that money back out and you WILL be responsible for any overdraft charges that occur.

BlessedToBMommy

OUCH!!! Yes crap he just over drew, its because some checks didnt go through yet!! EEEEK!!!

peacegiver

yes their is a good chance that they accidently put it in your account instead of somebody elses...when they find out who it belongs to they will probably pull the money out of your account. I would leave it alone until you talk to the bank on monday and make sure it is your money before you spend it otherwise you will have to pay it back.

CafeMom Tickers
Luvmy2Boys85

Maybe your bills havent hit the account yet! You really shouldnt have touched it til you knew what was going on!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)