Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Geez, birthdays are freaking expensive!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son is turning four on Tues but we are doing his party on sat.  We went to go get the drinks and meat yesterday, that was 120 dollars, We also bought the chips.  There will be 20 people/kids there.  I went today to get the decorations, and goody bags, went to party city for the ballons, 26 dollars for 12 balloons (two are huge) and two table covers.  Then went to dollar tree for the plates, silverware, and goody bags and treats for those.  Then went to wal mart so the twins could pick out a present for Danny (they turn three in sept) they get him a lightening Mcqueen toy.  (the whole party is centered around that) then I decide to go down the party aisle after I get the card and wrapping paper, they have lightening McQueen plates for only 75 cents more than what I paid at the dollar tree for plain red plates!  Then they have complete 8 set goody bag set lightening McQueen) for 9 dollars!  Everything is included!  Then they have this huge book full of cup decorations, table decorations, ect, for 8 dollars!  I ordered the cake, (20 dollars) and still have to pick up the icee cream, and fresh fruit and veggies for the kabobs.  We are also having a bounce house.  I sure hope he likes his party!  Also from my husband and I he is getting that new hotwheels bike, (we bought it 2 weeks ago and it is killing him seeing it in the garage!)  I have to do this all over in three months, that is going to be very expensive!  I better start saving now. lol (they are b/g twins)

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lovingwifey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Aww, no one cares? lol

mommyofagirl06
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM

i know what you mean which is why when dd turns 4 next month we are having her party at home and we are just doing horderv's and cake and ice cream with family

CafeMom Tickers

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM

lol, thats really all its going to be, but my grandparents are here, and two of our friends with kids are coming.  Im just thinking with all the money we are spending I could have gotten him ALOT of gifts. lol

Quoting mommyofagirl06:

i know what you mean which is why when dd turns 4 next month we are having her party at home and we are just doing horderv's and cake and ice cream with family

Smcclellan7080
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:27 PM

My little one will be 3 in December. This year I might do a party. Only because now we are closer to home and everyone can be here. Last year only my MIL and FIL were there. When he turned one, we were in Texas so none of the family was there.

Ty_n_JadiesMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I completely understand. My boys are only one year and twenty one days apart. My oldest is 4 and my youngest is 3. My oldest DS birthday is May 4 and my youngest DS birthday is May 21. At least you have three months to save money. I only have 21 days. YIKES. It is double expensive in one month!!! LOL It is worth it though.

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Oh yes, very worth it!  The twins will be tricky though, two cakes or one? party favors, i will worry about it beeing two girly or too boyish. lol.  I have to start planning in July. lol

Quoting Ty_n_JadiesMom:

I completely understand. My boys are only one year and twenty one days apart. My oldest is 4 and my youngest is 3. My oldest DS birthday is May 4 and my youngest DS birthday is May 21. At least you have three months to save money. I only have 21 days. YIKES. It is double expensive in one month!!! LOL It is worth it though.

MomTo2Boys2526
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Oh man! I hate birthdays! Since all 5 of us (DH and I included) have birthdays from June til November, and then Christmas I HATE HATE the "end" of the year! lol My 2nd son has his 3rd birthday coming up at the end of July, so I need to start buying and planning his party..so nervous about how much its going to cost! LOL

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM

lol, see 3 months seperate all our birthdays.  lol, hubbys is March 27th, 1st son is June 29th, twins sept 28th, and mine dec 25th.  See the pattern?  every three months. lol

Quoting MomTo2Boys2526:

Oh man! I hate birthdays! Since all 5 of us (DH and I included) have birthdays from June til November, and then Christmas I HATE HATE the "end" of the year! lol My 2nd son has his 3rd birthday coming up at the end of July, so I need to start buying and planning his party..so nervous about how much its going to cost! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)