Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting impatient.. lol

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM
  • 19 Replies

did any of you ladies ever get impatient when it came to your SO proposing? 

this may seem weird but i just wish my boyfriend would propose already! lol we've known each other for 5 years, dated for 4 years and we have a beautiful 2.5 year old daughter together and another baby on the way.  we've talked about marriage including the place for the wedding and who would be in it and just the type of wedding we want all together. i've told him even if we don't have the money for the wedding right away it doesn't matter. i won't mind being engaged for 2, 3, 4 years. i just want to take it one step closer you know?

now before anyone decides to bash.. i know for a FACT he wants to marry me and spend the rest of our lives together. also, don't say i'm "rushing" into anything because i'm not. i'm just anxious and getting a little impatient. i've also asked him if he's ready to get married and he told me he is but he just wants to make the proposal special. 

i know the bottom line is i'm just gonna have to wait but i just wanted to see if there were any other women out there that felt or still feels the way i do.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Not me, but my SIL is there NOW. Her and BF have been dating for 4 years. They BOUGHT a house together in December. She's waiting and waiting, and it just doesn't seem as though a ring is coming anytime soon. She wants kids too. They are both in their mid 30s and both have their careers established. None of us know what the hold up is, unless he just doesn't want to marry ever.

I'm Kairi AND Kaden's mama now!!

Jonathan101909
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I would in your case lol

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:10 PM

awww. that sucks =( has she talked to him about it?

Quoting KairisMama:

Not me, but my SIL is there NOW. Her and BF have been dating for 4 years. They BOUGHT a house together in December. She's waiting and waiting, and it just doesn't seem as though a ring is coming anytime soon. She wants kids too. They are both in their mid 30s and both have their careers established. None of us know what the hold up is, unless he just doesn't want to marry ever.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:14 PM

BUMP!

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:14 PM

She has told him she doesn;t want to stay in a relationship that goes no where. he always says he intends to be in it for the long run. He wants to have more money saved, and buy everything they need for the house etc etc before planning a wedding he says. (This house is lovely as is) If you wait for all of that you'll NEVER MARRY imo. My SIL said the same. Every special occasion that comes around she hopes for a ring.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM

yeah i agree with you. well i wish them both the best! hopefully this will be her year =)

Quoting KairisMama:

She has told him she doesn;t want to stay in a relationship that goes no where. he always says he intends to be in it for the long run. He wants to have more money saved, and buy everything they need for the house etc etc before planning a wedding he says. (This house is lovely as is) If you wait for all of that you'll NEVER MARRY imo. My SIL said the same. Every special occasion that comes around she hopes for a ring.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM

BUMP!

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM

nobody?

.LoVeMyBuG.
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Try giving him little hints. Have a bridal magazine sent in the mail or something, maybe go look at rings "just for the hell of it" and hope he takes the hint.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:35 PM

i've tried. i even watch those wedding shows (say yes to the dress, wedding cakes) all of that. also i show pictures of sexy lingerie online to him and say this will be for the honeymoon lol. he knows i want him to propose but he always says he wants to do something special.

Quoting .LoVeMyBuG.:

Try giving him little hints. Have a bridal magazine sent in the mail or something, maybe go look at rings "just for the hell of it" and hope he takes the hint.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)