Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i say to my grandmother? help please

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay so i am going home next month for a vist. (some of you may remember the post about my husnand didnt want me to take the kids and said no about me going) well i was talking to him and i am going, and i am leaving the kids with him ages 3 and 22 months for a week, so i called my fmaily and told them i would be coming in and all, well my grandmother goes all crazy on me, she said:

1. we want to see the girls

2. why the hell cant he come with you

3. i would not leave my girls with a man

4. you better think about the kids first

5. you also better not hang out with anyone but family

6. if you hang out with friend it better not be with the wrong crowed.

well when my husband and i talked we both aggred that i would go  get a brake from the kids and him, and that he dont see the kids all that much do to work so he would take a week a leave to stay home with them. Now come on im 24 with two kids and a husband i think i should get a brake from life for a week, since i have not had one in over 2 year and i have been really stress and everything. i told then that they will see the girls in a year when we move to TX. but she was not happy about that...

what would you guys say to her about it?

Wife to: David
Mommy to: Lilly 11/1/06 & Marilyn 09/23/08

save the date
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SThompson21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:24 PM

i wouldnt say anything and would just do whatever i wanted to do anyway. i am an adult and will make my own decisions. i dont need to be told what to do like im some kind of kid. have fun on your trip

stefvan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I wouldn't go see my kids grandma without them.  Sorry, I think they should get to see their grandma. 

Forget-me-not
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:27 PM
How often does your family get to see your children? It would be selfish to go see them and not bring your kids, take you time some other time. My family would be beyond PISSED if I went to visit them and didn't bring my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smcclellan7080
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:29 PM

We took a 5 day vacation in May. We left Chase with my inlaws. It was great. Just what I needed to recharge.

crodden
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM

well i use to live there so they would be able to see them all the time, but in the past two years they got to see them once, a year ago when we all went out there together. and once we move to TX they will be able to see them at least once a month when i drive up from tx, bc it will only be a 10 hour drive. but we live in CT and thats a 3 day drive with the kids. My husband grandmother dont see them at all, so with us on the east cost we go see his family, and when we move to Tx we will be seeing my family.  either way im going with out my kids. i just dont know what to tell my grandmother.. bc she keeps fighting with me about it. ( its there grate grandmother and great grandfather)

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM

If you really want to do it than do it.  I don't think how I would ever spend time without dd though.  I would constantly be wondering what she was doing and would have a hard time enjoying myself.

crodden
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Quoting Smcclellan7080:

We took a 5 day vacation in May. We left Chase with my inlaws. It was great. Just what I needed to recharge.

and thats all im doing. i just need time away form him and the kids. im so stressed bc i stay at home 24/7 i only go out to go shopping when we need it, and do family things on weekends..

Wife to: David
Mommy to: Lilly 11/1/06 & Marilyn 09/23/08

save the date
memory_adrift

A break?!!? Who gets break from LIFE!! come on!!

ready_for2

why wont you take the kids to see your family?

we have a family member who does that, and it makes everyone mad. they live very far away and we only see them in pics, then sometimes the dad comes but the wife and child will not. WTF... and i feel so bad for my aunt bc it is her son, everyone else has their grandkids there except for her bc they wont come. its messed up and weird IMO

crodden
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Quoting ready_for2:

why wont you take the kids to see your family?

we have a family member who does that, and it makes everyone mad. they live very far away and we only see them in pics, then sometimes the dad comes but the wife and child will not. WTF... and i feel so bad for my aunt bc it is her son, everyone else has their grandkids there except for her bc they wont come. its messed up and weird IMO

for one, bc my husband is trying to give me a brake, and if i take them i wont get a brake and still be stressed.

also If my family want to see my kids well hell they can get off there asses and come see them, im the one who has to call them, go see them.. why cant they come see us for once.... they will be able to see the kids as much as they want when we move to Tx. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)