Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How should a woman in her 30s look? (A post for those of you with opinions...)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM
  • 69 Replies

How should she dress?

How should she wear her hair?

What type of make up?

How much jewelry/what type?

What type of shoes? 

Feel free to put up pictures...

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stefvan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:33 PM
She should dress like she's in her 30s not in her teens.
Sirenabella
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM

However she feels comfortable?

Sagely
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Please.  Don't get too specific.  Someone could get bored with all the details.

Quoting stefvan:

ballerina18
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:42 PM

This.

As long as you don't shop in the teen section, then you  will be fine.

;)

Quoting stefvan:

I am an educated, breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co-sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling, liberal, pro-choice, atheist mama to a beautiful two year old girl! My S.O. is my equal and my best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT not a privilege!

veganmommy04
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM
I'm 30. And I never shop in the "misses" section. I was overweight as a teen an my early 20s. I don't dress like a teen. But I do shop in juniors if I go to those kind of stores which isn't often. I usually shop at boutiques
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Lol.

But seriously, I think you should dress however you like, as long as you don't  look like you are trying to be a slutty teen. Dont wear things too small for your body. No glitter makeup.No short short shorts/skirts .

Now of course you can do what you want and wear what you want, but this is jmo.

GL

Quoting Sagely:

Quoting stefvan:

I am an educated, breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co-sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling, liberal, pro-choice, atheist mama to a beautiful two year old girl! My S.O. is my equal and my best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT not a privilege!

stefvan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM

LOL  Sorry - I couldn't think of anything really specific just not to try to look like a teenager.  Honestly, I don't think 30 years old should be shopping in the juniors dept.  Those clothes are too low cut and too short. 

Quoting Sagely:

Quoting stefvan:

the.real.me
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:29 PM

like you have class. Like you are educated. Like you have lived the party life and are, for the most part, done with it. Like you know now that you dont need to 'show' to look attractive.  Like you want to look attractive (if you are single) to MEN who also have class, not boys. Or if you are married, like you want to make your husband proud to see you and say 'yup, thats my life right there...' 

Sagely
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM

This is good, but what would that look like?  Anyone care to find pics of women who have this "look?"

Quoting the.real.me:

like you have class. Like you are educated. Like you have lived the party life and are, for the most part, done with it. Like you know now that you dont need to 'show' to look attractive.  Like you want to look attractive (if you are single) to MEN who also have class, not boys. Or if you are married, like you want to make your husband proud to see you and say 'yup, thats my life right there...' 

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:52 PM

If its cute, comfortable and it fits like its supposed to i wear it...sorry i dont have any full body pics. I dont really have an opinion on dressing for your age... it shloud be your size and nothing should be hanging out.

EDIT....I love skinny jeans and baby T's and Im 32

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)