• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diet pills?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

I work out mon, wed and Friday mornings.  I also walk 3 miles every night.  I am eating right, I am doing everything I can think of to try and lose weight!  I have def lost inches, but not pounds.  I currently wear a size 13L in Charolette Russe jeans, They used to fit tight, but they are getting loose!  I am also taking those Mega women multi vitamin packs every morning.  I have been working on my weight for a few months now.  I am debating if I should take a diet pill or not, what is a good one that works?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stefvan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM

None of them - they are all bad for your heart according to 2 of my doctors. 

Have you  tried Weight Watchers?  I lost 40 pounds on it.

MandiK
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Everyone will prob tell you not to use them. But i used Hydroxycut, and I think it worked. It could have also been the excersize though. ha ha.

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM

No, I do not have that kind of money (hear it is expensive) also I do not have the time to go to the meetings. 

Quoting stefvan:

Jeni_lea
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:45 PM
Sounds like you are gaining mussel mass, which is a very good thing. if your jeans are getting baggie that's awsome good for you. Jmho scales are evil. Go by how your clothes fit and how u feel. Worry(not) about the scale when u go to the dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingwifey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM

lol, at first I was like wth?  I have been doing all this stuff and I am going no where!  I do need to do something with my arms though, debating if I should get some of those arm weights?  Hmm, maybe on payday. 

Quoting Jeni_lea:

Sounds like you are gaining mussel mass, which is a very good thing. if your jeans are getting baggie that's awsome good for you. Jmho scales are evil. Go by how your clothes fit and how u feel. Worry(not) about the scale when u go to the dr.

Sirenabella
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:49 PM

The diet pills will just mess you up and screw up all the progress you're making. You'll also notice they say "with proper diet and exercise". They're a rip.

stefvan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I never went to a meeting.  I did it online.  It's around $16 per month.  Once you learn how to do it, you don't have to keep paying.

Quoting lovingwifey:

No, I do not have that kind of money (hear it is expensive) also I do not have the time to go to the meetings. 

Quoting stefvan:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I am going to suggest drinking green tea instead.  That has helped alot of people i know lose weight while working out as you are.  As far as i know green tea wont cause the heart issues that diet pills can cause in a person.

mom23boys679
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:18 PM

If you can still wear juniors clothing, consider yourself lucky. I went from a size 20 to a size 8 (some brands 6's) and still can't fit into juniors clothing. That being said, see your doctor. Don't mess around with the ones on the market. I dropped 95lbs.a nd drank  a LOT of coffee. It surpressed my appetite and has caffeine in it just like the pill does.

luvmyangel22
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Thry r not good for u but phentemine works like a charm. hubby hates thrm tho says they make me act like a crackhead:). U have to get a dr to prescribe them tho. But it sounds like u r doing good wo them! Inches r more indicative than pds! Also my hubby is very into working out u have to change up ur excercise routine every 3 months or so or ur body gets used to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)