• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What differences could make or break it for you?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

I started dating a guy I used to work with recently. We had lost track of each other for awhile and then caught back up and eventually started dating. But we're still in that 'getting to know you stage'. I'm finding out we believe in a lot of different things. None of which have ever caused a fight or anything like that.. but they're more than 'petty' differences. So it got me thinking... what different beliefs, for you, would find grounds to end the relationship??

also, sorry this posted early, my hand slipped on the laptop and accidently posted.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM

wanting kids vs not wanting kids, believing in God vs not believing in God, believing in marriage vs not believing in marriage... those are probably top 3

Muslimama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Yeah, those are biggens. 

Also things like drugs, daily drinking, or often.

Gambling, illegal behaviors. Spanking. There could be a lot of deal breakers. It really just depends on your own personal beliefs and what you want in your life.

Quoting bamababe1975:

wanting kids vs not wanting kids, believing in God vs not believing in God, believing in marriage vs not believing in marriage... those are probably top 3

beckygeiger
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:18 PM

wanting kids vs not wanting kids would be a big one also drugs

veganmommy04
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Well I'm married but before that. I didn't date guys that drank ever no drugs. No racism. I don't want anymore kids so they had to be cool with that. And since I'm vegan now. If something ever happened to my marriage they would have to be supportive of that open to becoming vegan but preferrably already vegan
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM

funny, you say that. Those are our 3 major differences and a few others. Not that I'm asking anyone for advice, because I'm completely capable of making my own decisions, lol. Any other major ones for anyone?

Quoting bamababe1975:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)