Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help? How do I know if its real Labor?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

I started having this pains in my stomach but my stomach is not getting hard, so I'm not sure if its a contraction. I am 39 weeks preggo and 2 cm dilated. I'm not sure if I'm overreacting, I am going to see my dr. tomorrow for a check up. So my question is how do I know if its a true contraction?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
supermom4matt
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM

bump

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:52 PM

BUMP!

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:53 PM

its hard to explain. but trust me, you will know. if you have any doubt, then you probably not. it prob just a braxton hicks contraction. they will be coming 1 right after the other and be getting bigger and stronger.

MomTo2Boys2526
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:55 PM

First of all, my first thought from reading your title was "you'll have the baby..." lol sorry...

Now time your pains, if anything you could go in and have it checked..

I know when I was in labor I had strong braxton hicks..which of course is labor =) Since you are so far along I'd call the doctor and prepare for L&D! lol Good luck and congrats!

LavenderMom23
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:56 PM

My labor and delivery nurse said, "If you are having contractions take Tylenol and drink one liter of water and lay on your left side. If you still feel contractions after an hour go to the hospital."

pregnancy

tippymorgan08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:59 PM

It can be a bit confusing but you will know when you are labor. BH contractions can sometimes occur for up to an hour, but they will eventually end. They will genearlly occur the same amount of time apart and you won't feel them getting stronger. With real contractions, they will occur a certain amount of time apart but will sometimes be stronger or minimal and you will feel more vaginal pressure with them.

Jaydons_mommy09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:00 PM

umm. most people say you know when you are in laborn when you have back contractions.

I was 4 cms for 1 month before I was induced. I  was contracting everysingle day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)