Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is it that people seem to be

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

so damn proud to be on FS and welfare?  i just don't get it, perhaps someone can explain it to me. 

will fight for animals

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofagirl06
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:00 PM

i am on food stamps and wic and we are not proud to be we just have to be to make it in the enconmy but its not somthing i would brag about

De_Chick
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I don't know if they are proud or if they just figure they need them and they aren't going to act embarrassed by them. I would rather see that then people walking around ashamed to be on them or something.

SpiritFortress
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM

It's just a point of contention. Some people say things just to irk other people. The welfare system is there for those in need and is not in and of itself a bad program, especially considering there are so many in need in this shitty economy.

shecallsmemom04
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM

that's kinda what i'm saying.  there's no shame in needing it, but to go around and shout it from the rooftop is a bit ridiculous.  call me crazy, but i don't really consider needing someone else to pay for my food to be some big accomplishment.

Quoting mommyofagirl06:

i am on food stamps and wic and we are not proud to be we just have to be to make it in the enconmy but its not somthing i would brag about

will fight for animals

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Sorry I sure can't :(

Mom2theboy1994
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I usually find the "bragging" posts to be started by attention whores. They like to see if they can get people riled up by inflaming the masses with stupid statements like "I'm on food stamps and have 10 kids, and my boyfriend lives with me but we don't tell our case worker." Or the ever popular, "I'm buying ALL brand name food with your tax dollars."  Just random, stupid crap. It's like PA is the soup du joir on CM...I usually ignore it just as I would ignore a small child acting out to gain attention...

mommyofagirl06
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM

i agree with you i cant see bragging about it

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

that's kinda what i'm saying.  there's no shame in needing it, but to go around and shout it from the rooftop is a bit ridiculous.  call me crazy, but i don't really consider needing someone else to pay for my food to be some big accomplishment.

Quoting mommyofagirl06:

CafeMom Tickers

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Is this about a post floating around?  I'm THANKFUL that my son gets medicaid but I sure as hell am not proud of it.  =/

shecallsmemom04

true, but it's not just on cafemom.  i've encountered the same things in real life.  it's just weird to me.

Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

I usually find the "bragging" posts to be started by attention whores. They like to see if they can get people riled up by inflaming the masses with stupid statements like "I'm on food stamps and have 10 kids, and my boyfriend lives with me but we don't tell our case worker." Or the ever popular, "I'm buying ALL brand name food with your tax dollars."  Just random, stupid crap. It's like PA is the soup du joir on CM...I usually ignore it just as I would ignore a small child acting out to gain attention...

will fight for animals

stefvan

When people say they're proud it makes me think they are abusing the system.  I don't know how you could be proud of someone else footing your bills.  Not saying, you may not need it - but being proud concerns me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)