• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY my curling iron of all things?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay so I dont know if you all have this problem but I have a 2 year old son who will not keep his diaper on no matter what!!! I have put it on backwards, taped it, covered it with clothes hoping he wouldnt think about it since his shorts were on but NO he always sneaks off to another room and then pops back in naked!!! Kinda cute but not so fun when you step in doo doo!! He is like a little puppy! LOL Anyhow, today I was in the bathroom cleaning and he followed me in there! Of course I turn around and there he is BUTT NAKED!!! And here is the best part...........He was holding my curling in front of his wee wee and PEED all over it!!! I just hung my head and was like why Shawn why? I cant wait till potty time starts (which is any day now) and he will go to the big boy seat instead of everywhere else!! What can I say...."Kids will be Kids" Oh and no the curling iron wasnt on or plugged up or anything like that!!!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM

lmao that made me LOL!

As for the diaper..try duct tape? LOl

IloveBilly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I tried masking tape and he finally broke thru it but i havent tried duct tape!!! I need something cause I about broke my leg the other day walking across the hardwood floors and slid in pee!!! He is a pee pee machine!!!! I didnt know one little 2 foot person could produce enough fluid to flood a home!

Quoting carterscutie85:

lmao that made me LOL!

As for the diaper..try duct tape? LOl

ColieO
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM
People still use curling irons? Lol jk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IloveBilly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Unfortunately yes!! I have like 3 or 4 of them! But only one is my fave and guess which one he pee peed on.......yes my favorite!!! I dont spend money on me hardly ever!! All my money goes on my kids! Everytime I go to buy myself something...I start thinking "NO Im not gonna get it cause my daughter needs a new shirt or something" So I get something for her instead or my two sons!!!

Quoting ColieO:

awooding
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Quoting ColieO:

Why not? I would be suprised if people still used rollers. THAT'S old school (but better for your hair).

OP My daughter did this for a while. Not as bad (no peeing and pooping all over the place). I honestly don't remember what I did about it though. Eventually she stopped.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

ColieO
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:40 PM
I use my hair straightener to curl. It works just as well and I don't have hair appliances everywhere.

Quoting awooding:

Quoting ColieO:

Why not? I would be suprised if people still used rollers. THAT'S old school (but better for your hair).

OP My daughter did this for a while. Not as bad (no peeing and pooping all over the place). I honestly don't remember what I did about it though. Eventually she stopped.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Why haven't you started potty training him yet? I guess I'm confused because I never had this problem. My son started taking his diaper off and going pee around the house around 14 months old, he was potty trained by 18 months and was completely done with diapers (except at night) by 2 years old. It sounds to me like your little one is ready to potty train and probably has been for a while.

awooding
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I do too, but that's because I actually NEED my hair straightened and curled (sounds silly when I put it that way lol). She may have stick straight hair so all she needs is the curl. People like that still exist, ya know lol.

Quoting ColieO:

I use my hair straightener to curl. It works just as well and I don't have hair appliances everywhere.

Quoting awooding:

Quoting ColieO:

I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

IloveBilly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I tried about 6 months ago and he totally was not ready! It was like he was scared of the potty.....like he thought it was a potty monster!!! Not all kids are the same! Some do things early and some do things late! My daughter was like your son! My middle child was almost 3 and he is a boy and now Shawn who is 2 and Im trying to but its hard! He will probally be another age 3 potty trained one!

Quoting mom2acutiepie:

Why haven't you started potty training him yet? I guess I'm confused because I never had this problem. My son started taking his diaper off and going pee around the house around 14 months old, he was potty trained by 18 months and was completely done with diapers (except at night) by 2 years old. It sounds to me like your little one is ready to potty train and probably has been for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)