Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I May Soon Be Eating My Words...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have always thought that working moms have it tougher than SAHM's, (my stay at home days while I have been working part-time have been my 'days off').  When DD was first born, and through her first year, I worked 40 plus hours per week.  When she turned 2, I was able to drop to part-time (that was ideal in my opinion).  Well, in about a week or so, I will be basically a SAHM for the first time ever!  I will be working 10-12 hours per week from home, doing book work.  I will go into the office before it opens, pick up the mail, take it home, work on my computer, do banking, etc.  I am pretty excited about it!  So I guess I will see first hand what I find to be more difficult, SAHM or working.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ziggy-Stardust
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM

They are both hard in different ways. It really depends on what kind of person you are. I was a SAHM for two years now I work 40 hours a week. To me, being a SAHM is very hard psychologically while being a working mom is more demanding physically. Neither is harder than the other.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

raegansmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I guess it's easy to say that working is harder because, as I said, I have never been a SAHM before.  I can look at what I do & see how hard it is.  I am really curious to how this SAHM thing will work for me!

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

They are both hard in different ways. It really depends on what kind of person you are. I was a SAHM for two years now I work 40 hours a week. To me, being a SAHM is very hard psychologically while being a working mom is more demanding physically. Neither is harder than the other.

CeeLee85
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:57 PM

good luck mama:)

WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Each have their challenges... You are about to embark on a crazy adventure

fairymom2316
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Good luck!

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I, personally, think that working moms have it harder.  I've been on both ends of the spectrum and while SAHMs bust their butts, working moms have a WAY stricter schedule they're working within.  Of course, my husband works out town all the time, so when I was working, I was working 8 hours then coming home and putting in another 8-10 to keep up with housework, laundry, and other chores.

Melbornj
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:02 PM
I like how the first poster said it they both have their own challenges. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)