Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Read this..

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

If someone you dont know on CM sent you a PM saying they "cant go on" anymore. (I think she means she wants to kill herself) What would you do?

Someone in another group sent me a PM like that....Im not sure what to do?

I replied and told her not to hurt herself and some positive thoughts and all....Is that all i should do?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stepof5mom1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Send her the number for a helpline.

single_and_preg
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Quoting Stepof5mom1:

Send her the number for a helpline.

Ok im not even sure where she is from, let me see if her profile says her state.

Ziggy-Stardust

i would also report it to CM.. maybe admins can do something? i also agree with sending the number to a hotline.. there isnt much you can do because you just dont know.

theycallmemom4

Um, contact Cafemom.

single_and_preg
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:54 PM

yeah i wasnt expecting her to get like that.....she has been through a whole lot, she sent me a long pm...and im not sure if she really is wanting to kill herself , but thats what she said.... so i guess she reached out to me for a reason....but she hasnt replied since i sent her one back.

Quoting emelymac:

I saw that too. It seems like she got really depressed when not everyone agreed with her. Maybe some people said the stuff she was thinking? And from experience I know that can make a depression worse. I think she said where she was in the post though...maybe it was just the state. 

Susan262
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Sometimes if you can get them to commit to contacting you again the next day works for that day then maybe things will look better to them.  But def contact CM.

emelymac
by Emely on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I hope she replies back soon. I think her SN is her full name so if she doesn't maybe you can figure out where she is with that. I saw someone else was trying to talk to her too, hopefully that's why she hasn't replied.

Quoting single_and_preg:

yeah i wasnt expecting her to get like that.....she has been through a whole lot, she sent me a long pm...and im not sure if she really is wanting to kill herself , but thats what she said.... so i guess she reached out to me for a reason....but she hasnt replied since i sent her one back.

Quoting emelymac:

I saw that too. It seems like she got really depressed when not everyone agreed with her. Maybe some people said the stuff she was thinking? And from experience I know that can make a depression worse. I think she said where she was in the post though...maybe it was just the state. 

single_and_preg
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

she is from CA...i noticed.

Quoting emelymac:

I hope she replies back soon. I think her SN is her full name so if she doesn't maybe you can figure out where she is with that. I saw someone else was trying to talk to her too, hopefully that's why she hasn't replied.

Quoting single_and_preg:

Quoting emelymac:

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM

notify cafemom team aand that is about all you can do

single_and_preg
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM

ok i notified CM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)