Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appendicitis anyone?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

Has anyone had it? What did it feel like for you?

((*Steph-stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sweetwatertaffi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM

i have, mine ruptured, it began by hurting behind my belly button

s.t.e.p.h
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Were you running a fever or nauseous at all?

Quoting sweetwatertaffi:

((*Steph-stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

KristenFowles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:01 PM
It was pain on my lower right side.. it turned excruciating and I eventually KNEW something was wrong. I was hospitalized for a week. It ended up rupturing during the 7 hours DF and I waited in the ER waiting room to be seen. Worst night of my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM
I was nauseous but only because the pain was unbearable. Some people do vomit though..

Quoting s.t.e.p.h:

Were you running a fever or nauseous at all?

Quoting sweetwatertaffi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superflyinlove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Bump! I wanna know too!

ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM
When I had mine, I thought I had food poisoning. I was going to go to urgent care but my car couldn't make it up the driveway so I went to the er. After having sat in the er, down by my left hip I had a pin. It was bad. It was a sharp pain and it was very dibilating. They came in and did some pressure tests on me. They basically pressed into my abdomen and then let up and it left me in tears. They did a c/t of my stomach anf four hours later decided I had an acute appendicitis and they would do surgery in the morning.
After surgery, my surgeon came to me and hinted it was worse than they thought. He had told me that "it was 'definately' your appendix". He emphasized it and to me it sounded like it was worse than they thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CharityS
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I was 6 mos pregnant when I had mine taken out. I had really sharp pain in my left side. I thought I just had morning sickness. I was working for  a chiropractor at the time. As soon as he got in he took one look at me did the "Mcbernie's test" and had one of the girls take me to my OB. They flew the surgeon in by helicopter from 20 miles away because they didn't want to take the chance of traffic or anything. It was VERY scary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)