Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well...Good to know my own man doesnt have my back! jerk!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM
  • 27 Replies
Ugggggh! Ok...lately I've been eating better & watching my portions,no soda...1glass of tea a day. And I told SO today that starting tomorrow I'm going walking. And he has nothing but "oh yea" to text back. So I asked why it seems he doesn't care of have my back & he told me he's waiting to see progress to even tell me "good". I told him itd be nice to get a pat on my back 1st for even wanting to.
He's always telling his sister how good she's doing but she's on pills to curb her appetite. I'm not. I'm the one who looks at pepsi and wants it sooooo bad but can't, or would love to go to MCDs for lunch but can't...I can't do it then pop a pill like she does.

Like I'm doing it on my own & I get nothing! WTF? I told him its not going to drop over night ... If it takes months ill be going w/o a single "good job"...that's bull shit!

*sigh* had to get that out lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deliela
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:18 PM
I know it hard to lose weight but keep trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katie2007709
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:20 PM

good job trying --- you can do it!

michaeljrsmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:21 PM

i started doing the same thing, and get about the same you do! i know the feeling!!

good job!! if i could id pat you on the back!! keep up the good work!

Sharon300
by Sharon on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM

You can do it. Keep up the good work.

Not.So.Virginal
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM

so he should tell you that you're doing a good job for thinking about going for a walk? Thinking about it wont do a thing.... when you get out and do it, maybe you can get a "good job" or some sort of praise.... but one day of doing relatively well won't drop a ton of weight... it takes time, and the first full week is typically the hardest

ForeverMeme
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Ahhhhh I will give you an 'atta girl!'  A few words of encouragement doesn't cost anything and wouldn't have killed him! Good luck hon!!!!!!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Keep it up.  You will do great! It's not easy, but it's so worth it.  Prove him wrong!  Show him how strong you really are.  :)

Another thing you can try is the 30 Day Shred exercise video by Jillian Michaels.  I'm on day 13 and have been losing about 1/2 a pound a day.  It's hard, but only 20 minutes a day. 

momofgirls63
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I have been feeling the same way this past week!!! I mentioned walking and dh told me walking is not as good for you as paople say:( Well, it's a start!!! I have also been eating better and doing light exercise, etc. Today I drank nothing but water! (That is REALLY good for me, because I usually drink soda and tea, etc.) Anyway, finally tonight dh told me "good". I know how you feel...Men are jerks!!! Sometimes we just need support to boost our motivation:) I know I do anyway. So, GOOD JOB! Good luck losing the weight...

SkyM6
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:38 PM

i know how u feel. i got a treadmill to lose my weight. ran everyday o total of three or four hours a day, did my so have anything to say of course not. guys are crazy that way. i talked about it like 24/7 and he never really even payed attention. once i lost the weight he was happy though. so just keep up the good work dont let him get to you. besides u will feel so much better once ur at ur goal wieght just think u are doing it for urslf not for him.

olgabillman07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I'm sorry. I know how important it is to have your hubby's support. I lost 40lbs last year in 10 minutes and totally would have given up a few times if it wasn't for hubby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)