Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GRRR what would you do?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM
  • 41 Replies

OK so i am due october 28 with my second child. My dd turns 2 november 16 well i decided (or have really been thinking about) having her b-day party on oct 16 at a bounce house or something like chuck e cheese. It is the cheapest way for all of the family to still get together......Well a few people in our family have gotten really pissed about this WTF???? November is like flue season and the baby will only be about a month old. So what would everyone have me do stay home with the baby and miss the party or have daddy stay home?? Also i just moved into a TINY apartment so i couldn't just do something here

i figured i put up here my BIGGEST problem i really want my niece there (she and dd are sooooo close) but my sister doesn't agree and is all pissed i don't know why....she wont have work or anything? i don't know how to change her mind and my dd will be asking for her the whole party 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I wouldn't do anything. If they don't like it, they don't have to come, simple as that.

activitymode
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM

this

Quoting JulyBabies:

I wouldn't do anything. If they don't like it, they don't have to come, simple as that.

mother2tifkay
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:12 PM
I wouldn't worry what everyone else thinks. Do what you think is best. They can show up or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vandyswife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:15 PM

personally, I dont think it is FAIR for your daughter to have her birthday a month early because her mommy and daddy decided to have another baby. NOT FAIR.

I would either do it ON (or theweekend of) her birthday, and suckit up and take your 1 month old. thats what I would do. my DD deserves her special day wether we decide to have another baby.

THIS is the exact reason why we wont be TTC in the next 2 months. its not FAIR to my Current child. and finacially we couldnt have 2 birthdays so close together...

Jessiejack
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Do what is good for you not them. My daughters birthday is in August and has never had a birthday with school friends so 2 years ago we had it in June so she could have all her friends from school and no one would be on vacation. It was the best. Good luck

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:19 PM

one of the people that have such a problem is my sister......we lived with her for a year and my niece and dd are SO CLOSE her dd calls to talk to mine at least 3 times a week she is only 2 lol they talk more then my sister and i it just kills me because i know that is the most important personae for my dd to have there next to me............

Quoting JulyBabies:

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:22 PM

we will to cookies and milk (soy milk my dd is allergic to milk eggs and all nuts and  she doesn't like the cakes she can have but she LOVES oreos lol) and my mom and SO's mom will come (maybe also my one sister because of how close my niece and her are) but if we don't do it before hand she will not get a 2nd party at all im not going to risk getting the little one sick and bringing him out and all he may only be 2 weeks old idk if i will even be really good with breast feeding by then

Quoting Vandyswife:

personally, I dont think it is FAIR for your daughter to have her birthday a month early because her mommy and daddy decided to have another baby. NOT FAIR.

I would either do it ON (or theweekend of) her birthday, and suckit up and take your 1 month old. thats what I would do. my DD deserves her special day wether we decide to have another baby.

THIS is the exact reason why we wont be TTC in the next 2 months. its not FAIR to my Current child. and finacially we couldnt have 2 birthdays so close together...

sgsat4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:26 PM

She is going to be 2 what does she know about time all she will remember is the fun she had. You can celebrate on her actual day as just your family time. Maybe her favorite food for supper or ice cream for breakfast she will also think that is great. What she will understand is the baby came and she didn't get to celebrate her birthday if you listen to everyone else. My children are 5 yrs apart & any sort of changes for major events like birthdays because of his brother was not a good time with my oldest. 

Vandyswife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM

its just my opnion. SORRY...

I wouldnt let a new baby ruin my OTHER childs birthday. but hey, its all up to you.

Quoting bluebunbun:

we will to cookies and milk (soy milk my dd is allergic to milk eggs and all nuts and  she doesn't like the cakes she can have but she LOVES oreos lol) and my mom and SO's mom will come (maybe also my one sister because of how close my niece and her are) but if we don't do it before hand she will not get a 2nd party at all im not going to risk getting the little one sick and bringing him out and all he may only be 2 weeks old idk if i will even be really good with breast feeding by then

Quoting Vandyswife:

Vandyswife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM

no, THAT is what she will remember when she has to celebrate her birthday an ENTIRE month early. a week, would be fine. a whole MONTH... is a little extreme.

I dont agree with it, and thats fine. I would NOT hold my childs birthday party a MONTH early because of a new sibling. it is not fair to the birthday child.

BUT, birthdays in my family are HUGE events and VERY special days.

Quoting sgsat4:

She is going to be 2 what does she know about time all she will remember is the fun she had. You can celebrate on her actual day as just your family time. Maybe her favorite food for supper or ice cream for breakfast she will also think that is great. What she will understand is the baby came and she didn't get to celebrate her birthday if you listen to everyone else. My children are 5 yrs apart & any sort of changes for major events like birthdays because of his brother was not a good time with my oldest. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)