Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PREGO QUESTION

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

Last month I got aunt flo on June 6th weve been ttc...so today I took a pregnancy test and it was negitive..is it too early, or would it of shown up already....Im not sure how many days in between periods...when is the best time to take a test and should I be depressed or is there still hope?!!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I would wait a couple weeks. I got mine on the 6th of January and tested positive Feb 2nd

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:38 PM

You should wait until July 4th to take a test.  That would be you're best bet, and keep testing until you get a pos or aunt flo. gl!

theycallmemom4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM

It's possibly to early. Test first thing in the morning. Good luck.

Suz_and_Ash
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Too early.  If you have the average length cycle(which is 28 days), you are only 7 days past ovulation and HCG woudl not start to show up until a several days past implantation, which generally occurs 7-10 days after ovulation.  Wait another week and if you are preggo, you will most likely get your pos. 

Nursetashi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM

tddncw? did you test before that though and get a negitive? wouldnt it already be obvious if i was....

katieschroeder
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM

The average between periods is 28 days (for a "perfect" cycle!).  Day 1 is the first day of your period and day 29 is the first day of your next period.  When I got prego, it was a few days after my period should have started that I tested positive.  Hypothetically, your next period would be July 4th.  I'd start testing then if it hasn't started :)  Good luck!

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM

When you do take the next test do it first thing in the moring they detect better that way

Nursetashi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:42 PM

oh ok thanks! I wont retest until that july 4 weekends..its so hard though lol

tristin23
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:42 PM

just wait and in the mean time, keep trying! thats the fun part!!

tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:43 PM

no I didnt test before that because 1. i was scared to find out and 2 i knew it was too early. i was thinking that when i tested was too early as well but it turned out to be positive. it probably wont be obvious if you are i thought I was but i wasnt completely sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)