• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fat*ss *edited*

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM
  • 40 Replies

What would you do if you married a man and after you got married he gained 120 pounds.  He has no desire to take himself to the doctor or try to lose weight.  How do you wake a man like that up and tell him if he doesnt stop he will be dead before 40 like his father?

I have already stated I named the post this to get readers, the ONLY problem I have with his weight is his health.  I am still very attracted to him, but its not fair to me or his children to watch him kill himself so I am looking for ways to get him to see what he is doing is the exact same path his dad took before he passed away.

Click to Join!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM
Are you mostly worried about his health or are you personally not attracted anymore?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JPORTER2208
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM

If that were me, I would sit down with him and very sincerely ask him how he thought his kid's would feel if they lost their father.  I would not be mean or rude about it.  If obesity is in his family's history..maybe talk to him about changing it and being healthier.  Tell him your concerns for your children.

missingbelle
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM

First off i would change the title because IMO your being a complete Bitch ! Would you like him to jump on a public forum and degrade you like that ? Then I would be as supportive as possible and maybe IDK do more active things with him make them fun, men love sex.......

college.mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Attraction has nothing to do with it actually, I am still attracted to him as much as I was the day I met him, but knowing his dad died from the same thing when he was 37 makes me worry.  A lot.

Quoting abstractmommy:

Are you mostly worried about his health or are you personally not attracted anymore?

Click to Join!

lostandfound34
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:43 PM

yea lets see I gained 120 pounds wasnt really trying to loose the wieght, had heart problems and diabeites, what did my DH do?? Loved me and made me feel sexy

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Start cooking healthy meals.  Keep the junk outta your house.  If it's not there he can't eat it.  Naturally you can't control what he eats outside of the house but you can start with what you have around the house.  Secondly sit him down and voice your concerns to him!  Third maybe start walking as a family?  GL

college.mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM

In CM land the only way people are attracted to your post is if it seems like you are starting drama.  I did it for readers.  There is only so much sex you can have in one day, and I am at the point where I cannot handle anymore.

Quoting missingbelle:

First off i would change the title because IMO your being a complete Bitch ! Would you like him to jump on a public forum and degrade you like that ? Then I would be as supportive as possible and maybe IDK do more active things with him make them fun, men love sex.......

Click to Join!

bibdybobdyboob
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Do you do the food shopping and cooking?  Maybe you could plan some more healthful meals?  (I know that is hard.  My husband likes fried stuff and protests healthy things)

What about buying him a bottle of baby aspirin and telling him to take one daily to hopefully fend off his impending heart attack?

Or tell him you want him to upgrade his life insurance so you won't be destitute when he has a heart attack?

If kindness doesn't work, sometimes you gotta club 'em over the head.

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM
In that case I'd have a breakdown in front of him. Lay it all out there. Cry and show you care, say you don't want to live life without him, and if he'll just get a doctor to confirm he is ok, you'll leave it alone. Inevitably a doctor will find something, cholesterol or blood pressure, and give him some cold hard facts.

Quoting college.mom:

Attraction has nothing to do with it actually, I am still attracted to him as much as I was the day I met him, but knowing his dad died from the same thing when he was 37 makes me worry.  A lot.

Quoting abstractmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM

talk to him, join a gym together, fill the house with healthy nutritious meals. be his cheerleader. = )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)