Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FML

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

so today started out pretty good, it was going to be hot today, so one of my friends asked if I wanted to go to the beach with her and her friends. sounds great ! well shes a bit late, and my kids were super cranky, but thats okay because they had a small nap in the car anyways.

then we get there, 10 minutes of being there, it rains. I mean pouring, thunder. juuuuust great.

So we go out to eat. I spent 20 dollars on their damned meal, NOT ONE BITE TAKEN. just thrown around. whatever ....

I wasn't expecting to haul my disabled 2 year old around the streets with my 1 year old, I didn't bring a stroller or anything, and everyone was staring at my disabled daughter. yes.. lets stare at the pregnant mother struggling with a 30 pd 2 year old , and take the 1 year old because shes cute and normal.

so finally we get home after tons of frustration because my disabled daughter was having a menopause day or something, she was just extremly cranky.

their hungry, okay, I get that, even though they shouldn't have been after I spent money on their meal.  then DH starts being a dick.. for no fuckin' reason, I understand yes, I have a frustrated tone in my voice, but I've been taking care of 2 kids at the beach/resturnat/rain carrying them by myself, making sure neither of them drown, but both get equal amount of time in the water and time with me. my brother, ( thank GOD) cleaned my house, so I'm so happy for that. theres a good part of the day.

but he didn't do anything, he's been sitting at home, watching my brother clean, watching fuckin' tv. and then bitches when I ask him to bath them and help me get their dinner ready.  like wtf. then he yells at me while he's standing directly infront of my 2 yr old, who is having a bad day to begin with, and she thinks he was yelling at her. great just fuckin' great. way to make her feel like shes in shit for nothing !

Like seriously, am I that fuckin' unappreciated in this house, I understand you went to work at the garden center... but really.... wtf?

am I being selfish here? I kinda feel like I am but he's been like this for the past month, and I've been busting my ass off around this house I did over 20 loads of laundry, put it all away, I bought DD a bed used for 35 bucks, and i get blamed for all the money going missing... I also had to sell my playpen i sold it for 40. which i'm guilty of spending at the beach.for the kids food, and 10 bucks for gas for my friend. I still have 11 dollars.  and dh doesn't know that I left money in the bank account for bills. ( he can't know or he'd go spend it )

maybe its just my hormones getting to the best of me today. who knows.

~*~ What goes around comes around ~*~

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sunshine172
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Just re-read this and realized how winey i'm being . MUST be hormones.

Ali84Shorty
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:04 PM

no ur not being selfish ya he wrk but he can still help with the kids they are his to and as far as yelling at you like that if my son's dad was around and he did that I'd punch right square in his face and not knee him in the groan if he is lucky lol

Sunshine172
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:06 PM

I hate violence infront of my kids and they rarely ever hear or see it, so him yelling at me just scared her I think more than anything. I'm still mad at him for doing it though

TLOVETT
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:08 PM

you must live in Fla!! My hubby gets like that tto and it pisses me off and he DOESNT even work! I DO!!!

MamaBloom777
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:11 PM
That is a bad day :( I`m sorry. I will say that if DH has been like this for a month, then there`s something going on in his head. Could be something like worrying about the new baby coming into the mix when its already a little chaotic (not that he has the whole picture of what its really like day in & out like you do). My point is, it sounds like you guys need to talk & reconnect & get back on the same page.
I think this happens in marriages when you add kids & stress & hormornes & whatever else. This is when you regroup with each other & make it feel more like a team effort again. You just have to try to be as open & calm as possible even though you`re pissed. Being angry isn`t going to get anything accomplished (not saying I`m perfect because I do the same as you sometimes & am trying to learn how to adjust my attitude to help things). Good luck, deep breaths & hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine172
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Thanks, we have been trying that because we've both been a bit moody lately. it could be the stress of it all because I keep telling him how scared and stressed I am about the new baby, because I really am scared to be left at home, alone, with 3 kids under 3, by myself!!! he doesn't get that.. but oh well..

i try talking to him but since I have been, he's just been more .. of an ass... so maybe i should stop putting all my stress's and worries on him.

Quoting MamaBloom777:

That is a bad day :( I`m sorry. I will say that if DH has been like this for a month, then there`s something going on in his head. Could be something like worrying about the new baby coming into the mix when its already a little chaotic (not that he has the whole picture of what its really like day in & out like you do). My point is, it sounds like you guys need to talk & reconnect & get back on the same page.
I think this happens in marriages when you add kids & stress & hormornes & whatever else. This is when you regroup with each other & make it feel more like a team effort again. You just have to try to be as open & calm as possible even though you`re pissed. Being angry isn`t going to get anything accomplished (not saying I`m perfect because I do the same as you sometimes & am trying to learn how to adjust my attitude to help things). Good luck, deep breaths & hugs!

~*~ What goes around comes around ~*~

joledalynn
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM
((( hugs ))) god I hate days like this.
Poor thing. I am right there with you on the dh thing. I'm sorry hope it gets better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBloom777
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Well, you guys should be able to share the load of stress together (I know that`s easier said than done)...and hopefully you`ll get that back. I do know that with my DH, if I ever have an issue or worry that I just want to vent about or have someone just say "its gonna be ok. We`ll work it out."he automatically wants to "fix" the problem, so he does take on more stress with my issues. He`s just wired that way. Its all in how you present your worries & concerns to him or maybe preface it by saying you just have to get it out...you don`t want a solution this second. Hopefully that`ll help ease the tension. I hope your night is better than the day was!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1_hawt_mami
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)