Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cigar smoking (occasionally) better than cigarette smoking?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

My father loved his cigars.  He would smoke about half a cigar a day.  I remember them as a child.  He would smoke half an Antonio and Cleopatra cigar and then snip off the end, and leave it on the back step of the porch.  Then he would pick it up and smoke the rest when he got home from work at about 6 pm.   He stopped for the most part but still occasionally ( about 2 times a year) smoke a cigar.  My dh has started to occasionally smoke a cigar.  Usually no more than 1  month.  So it got me thinking. What do you think is worse for your health. A cigar occasionally or a cigarette?  Why? 

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
norahsmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM

bump

awooding
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I don't know. What's in a cigar? If it's just untreated tobacco, I would bet it's "healthier" than a commercial cig. Of course, I think our bodies were designed to breath in AIR, so inhaling smoke seems like a bad idea either way.

fairymom2316
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM

I personally don't like either

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)