Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

jogging stroller questions!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hi Ladies!  My husband and I are looking for a jogging stroller to use for runs with our son.  He is 20 months now.  Does anyone have one they love?  Or hate?  They seem pretty pricey so I want to make sure we do our research!  But I would love to hear some of your opinons also! 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommynMonster
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Get one off craigslist for cheap to see if you even like using jogging strollers for long periods of time :)

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I've been checking the consignment shops for a while now, craigslist we've had some not so great experiences with, so I'm avoiding it now.  I was hoping to find one 2nd hand, but I've been looking for a couple months and they aren't selling them for much cheaper then the stores do new.  I have a 20 % off coupon that expires this week, so I want to order one before then. 

Quoting MommynMonster:

Get one off craigslist for cheap to see if you even like using jogging strollers for long periods of time :)

MommynMonster
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM

In that case look for one that has the option of locking the front tire in place when jogging and unlocking it to let it swivel when you're just out and about

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Also a tether is a good thing that way if heaven forbid you should trip and fall the stroller can't get away.

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:30 PM

thats exactly what I want!

Quoting MommynMonster:

In that case look for one that has the option of locking the front tire in place when jogging and unlocking it to let it swivel when you're just out and about

WLNL0507
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I think they are hazards especially going on and off sidewalks. I've seen them tip over from being unbalanced with children inside. I would never own one.

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM

definitely agree!   what about a handbreak?  do you think that is a plus or just more annoying then helpful?  its fairly hilly around here, so I definitely want at least a tether.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Also a tether is a good thing that way if heaven forbid you should trip and fall the stroller can't get away.

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:33 PM

ok, thanks for your opinion.  

Quoting WLNL0507:

I think they are hazards especially going on and off sidewalks. I've seen them tip over from being unbalanced with children inside. I would never own one.

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM

ok, ladies, I'm going to bed, but I would love to hear any other thoughts!   thanks to those who responded:)

LovingMyJaybird
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I LOVE MY JOGGING STROLLER.. Here is the link, I only paid 109.. it's up to 119. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Trend-Skylar-Single-Jogging-Stroller/10877915 It has the harness, and the teether strap.. We get so much use out of it, it also has the front locking wheel, it's great for everyday use.. It's amazing.. the only problem I have is that the cup holders aren't deep enough for my water bottle, so I just put it in the shade and fold the shade back since my 2.5 year old doesn't like the shade anyways.. I LOVE the snap shut compartment, for my money, keys and cell phone.. it's amazing..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)