Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CONCEALED WEAPON & KIDS

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM
  • 43 Replies

Okay so you have a permit for a concealed weapon & now you were a gun on your hip......

Do you take it off when you get home & put it away so the kids don't see it?

Or do you walk around w/the gun on your hip still?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaraylene
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I am soon to get my concealed weapons permit. We have guns and they know what they are and they also know they don't mess with them. When I get home, it goes in the gun cabinet, locked.

Ali84Shorty
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:15 PM

i personally dont have a gun or permit but my cousin has one and he wears it all the time i dont make him take it off or anything when my son is around him,but thats just me.That and my son knows what it is and that its not a toy and not to touch

Summer04
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Okay say there is a 1yr old in the house?

Does the age change anything?

Ali84Shorty
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Quoting Summer04:

for me yes it would if my son was that age and not able to understand what it is then yes i would ask him to either not wear it when he comes up,leave it in his vehicle with it locked ofcourse lol,or he wouldn't be welcomed in my home

SusanD
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM

No a one year old doesn't make a difference. For starters, a one year old isn't going to KNOW what a concealed weapon is. Secondly, how would a one year old get it out of a properly worn and properly functioning holster? Finally, a one year old does NOT have the strength needed to chamber a round.

Summer04
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Thank you!

Quoting Ali84Shorty:

Quoting Summer04:

for me yes it would if my son was that age and not able to understand what it is then yes i would ask him to either not wear it when he comes up,leave it in his vehicle with it locked ofcourse lol,or he wouldn't be welcomed in my home

twocutetwins09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM
Correct! :)

Quoting SusanD:

No a one year old doesn't make a difference. For starters, a one year old isn't going to KNOW what a concealed weapon is. Secondly, how would a one year old get it out of a properly worn and properly functioning holster? Finally, a one year old does NOT have the strength needed to chamber a round.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Summer04
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I don't put anything past children.

If the person is up & walking around they can't get it, but if the person is passed out on the couch that is a different story.

Quoting SusanD:

M0M0F03
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:24 PM

We've had guns in our house ever since we were together. Big hunters in both our families, very normal for us. We keep them in a locked gun cabinet, the kids know they are there. No secrets. They know how to shoot them too. My one son is the only hunter so far, and he started hunting at 8...now 10. My 5 year old only shoots the BB gun (with help). My daughter, no interest at all.

My husband has a concealed weapons permit, but he got it more for hunting with pistols. He doesn't walk around with one on his hip.

SusanD
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I also forgot to mention that a 1yr old certainly shouldn't be able to fire a weapon as long as the safety is functioning properly as well....so theres another factor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)