Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another post got me thinking....POLL

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:17 PM
  • 28 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you make your DH/SO give something up just because you're pregnant? *READ SHORT POST FIRST**

Options:

Yes

No

Other, because there's always an other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 64

View Results

Would you make your DH/SO give something up just because YOU'RE pregnant?

For example, my DH likes to have a drink now and then on the weekends or when we go out to dinner (just the 2 of us).  I have no problem with it.  I've heard so many women talk about how they make their DH/SO give up drinking, etc, just because they're (the woman) pregnant.  Personally I think it's wrong to tell a grown man they're not "allowed" to do something, whether or not their wife/girlfriend is pregnant.

pregnancy calendar

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beccajain2008
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I wouldnt make him stop THAT but if there was something he was doing that would endanger the baby or me oh  heck yes I would lol so I chose other.

Like driving too fast, smoking around me ( or in extreme cases dealing drugs or something like that ya know? not that we all hook up w/that type or whatever but if you found out after you were pregnant or something...estreme case like I said )

jillbailey26
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I never made him, but he did.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Quoting beccajain2008:

I wouldnt make him stop THAT but if there was something he was doing that would endanger the baby or me oh  heck yes I would lol so I chose other.

Like driving too fast, smoking around me ( or in extreme cases dealing drugs or something like that ya know? not that we all hook up w/that type or whatever but if you found out after you were pregnant or something...estreme case like I said )

FranksHoney
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:24 PM

My only request is that he not drink anymore after I was 37 weeks pregnant because I had my first DD at 37 weeks and was scared to go into labor again. I do NOT need him drunk when I go into labor.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers

madiberry
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM
I wouldn't ask my husband to stop drinking as long as it wasn't a habit but I did ask him to stop smoking when I got preg with our first &he did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingwifey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM

no, unless it was ice cream and I could not have it.  lol

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM

no im not his mother i don't tell him what to do or not do. I trust that he is an adult and loves me and the kids enough to make the right decisions.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I voted other because when we were 18 and found out that I was pregnant and all our friends drank on a regular basis if I wasn't allowed to drink, neither was he. We both needed to be focusing on getting our lifes together for this baby we were having.

With my second planned pregnancy, he was drinking when he wanted to but neither one of us drink on a regular basis and I mean like twice a year maybe. I wouldn't make him stop now, even if he wanted to get really drunk, but now I don't care about drinking or getting my life in order.

LoveRed71
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Nope, that is just stupid.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM

No because I'm not selfish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)