Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The New Karate Kid Movie

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM
  • 22 Replies

Is SOOOOOOO much better then the original.

I'm usually the type of person who hates remakes if Ive seen/heard the original first, but in this case I love the new Karate Kid.

One thing I hated about the old one was Danny did not do alot of fighting.In this one that little boy kicks some ASS.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FDNYwife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:22 PM

What I dont get is in the promo he says hes going to teach him Kung Fu but the movie is called Karate Kid?  Karate and Kung Fu are different.  Im lost?

DanielleK21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I have Martin Kove's autograph from the first one. :)

mstnbecki
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM

no clue but its still a good movie.

Quoting FDNYwife:

What I dont get is in the promo he says hes going to teach him Kung Fu but the movie is called Karate Kid?  Karate and Kung Fu are different.  Im lost?

MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Quoting FDNYwife:

lol

FDNYwife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Quoting MovalMomsADMIN:

Quoting FDNYwife:

lol

Im just asking b/c my son takes Kung Fu and they only teach defense.  I was excited to see a Kung Fu movie but since it says Karate Kid Im wondering if its Kung Fu, Karate or both? LOL

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Quoting FDNYwife:

Quoting MovalMomsADMIN:

Quoting FDNYwife:

lol

Im just asking b/c my son takes Kung Fu and they only teach defense.  I was excited to see a Kung Fu movie but since it says Karate Kid Im wondering if its Kung Fu, Karate or both? LOL

It follows the story of the first movie with the story line...the differences are the setting and the Martials Arts that is taught. It is strictly Kung Fu in the movie.. my dd(4) takes Karate and we went with her studio as they rented out the theater for the 7 pm showing the day after it came out. It is only called Karate Kid as it's a slight remake of the 80's flick.. it is MUCH MUCH better than the first one. The cinematography is amazing... the acting is beyond words can express- Jaden Smith is going to rival his daddy very soon as an actor... not to mention Jada Pinkett Smith produced it. It was better all around- not as much cursing ( 1 word that Jaden Smith says twice in one scene) so it is definitely geared more towards kids than the first one which was geared towards teens.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

krise
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Loved it! we took the kids to see it the wkend it came out! lil Will kicked ass, and Jacky Chan nailed the part. I can't wait tell it comes out on DVD, will buy it asap.

.JeremiahsWife.
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM

We wanna see it !

samthecat001
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM

i dont know why this is a "remake".
its set in china and its about KUNG FU.  not even Karate lol

luvmyguys
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Well now I wanna see it! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)