Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone who Has a 3 year old ( I have a question ) about Booster Seats *EDITED IN RED *

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM
  • 58 Replies

I had my Daughter In a Highback Booster Seat for Awhile Now Shes 29 lbs and Im not sure how tall but she is tall , But I just put her back into one with a harnesss just because I thought maybe she might be to little for it .. I mean the seat belt fits on her where its suppost to but Im just not sure .

How Many Of Ya'll have your Kids In a High back Booster ?

Here she is in her booster and the pic below is what I bought for her now !

SO I DID RIGHT BY BUYING THE BLACK ONE AND SWITCHING HER AGAIN ?

H

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kksmommy23
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:50 PM

My 3 year old is still harnessed.  I will not switch her to a booster till she is 4. 

CallieLynsMommy

I don't feel comfortable putting my DD into a high back booster yet. We have the Graco Nautulis, which can turn into a high back booster but we are utilizing it as a 5 point harness until DD is 65 lbs, which is the limit. Right now DD is 40 inches and 32 lbs.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiebrubaker

FranksHoney

Wow! I wouldn't even dream of putting my 3 yo in a booster seat yet. She is 30 lbs and still in a 5 point harness. She would still be RF if I had known about it before I turned her FF...

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers

awooding
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:52 PM

My 3.5 year old is still harnessed and probably will be for a couple more years, whatever the max limit is. Heck I think she could have still be rear-facing up until recently but it's too late now.

joshlor2

my 3 year old is harnesses and will be until she meets the requirements of a booster....legally that is 4 and 40 lbs....if i went by just the fit she could have fit into a booster right before her 3rd birthday since she was tall enough, but that is not safe especially since she just now a month before her 4th birthday weighs 31 lbs 

ptowncards05

My daughter will be 3 in july and is still in a harness, in my state it is against the law to have a child in a booster seat before 4yrs and 40lbs

awooding
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:53 PM

That belt looks like it's crossing over her neck. I don't think that's a proper fit.

mommyofagirl06
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:53 PM

they have a car seat saftey group on here too they are very helpful

Lullababy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:54 PM

My 3 and 6 yr old are harnessed.  My 7 1/2 yr old is in abooster like your pic, my 11 yr old is in a regular booster.

laciD
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:54 PM

She should be atleast 4 and 40lbs for a booster. She should be harnessed. The graco nautilus is a great seat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)