Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Totally stuck my foot in my mouth :o(

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

A friend of mine is now 4 months pregnant with baby #2. She's the type that works out all the time, counts calories, obsesses over not being fat, etc. Well she posted some baby 'bump' pics today on FB. I SWEAR you can't even see the bump. Her stomach is flat as all get out. Well a few of her friends commented and said 'Your disgustingly skinny', 'where's the bump' and so on. I said "Oh 'M' you are extra blessed. I would have killed to look like that w/ baby." Well right after I posted my comment she erased the pictures? I thought my comment was nice. Like paying her a compliment. I pm'd her and told her I hope I didn't offend. I told her I was trying to give her props for staying so disciplined and fit during pregnancy. (Shoot at all times). I think the most she sees during pregnancy is 130 TOPS. Well she won't respond to me and now I feel bad. Was that offensive ?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
FL2AK
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Not offensive at all.  She has issues.

Vandyswife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:00 PM

no, it was probably the OTHER peoples comments.

.JeremiahsWife.

I've noticed anytime anyone ever tells her how great she looks she gets upset ? I don't get it. She looks like she could be on the front page of Shape Magazine. It's weird.

Quoting FL2AK:

Not offensive at all.  She has issues.

SavageMom86
Maybe she deleted it because of the other comments
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Quoting Vandyswife:

no, it was probably the OTHER peoples comments.

heathersbunch
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Hormonal is what I say !!!!!!!

SebbiesMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM

maybe it wasn't your comment that made her delete the pics, but everyone elses :)

.JeremiahsWife.
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Y'all are probably right. I just felt like maybe I had something to do with it since she didn't respond. *Shrug*

Quoting SebbiesMommy:

maybe it wasn't your comment that made her delete the pics, but everyone elses :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)