Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got court for custody of my son tomorrow (UPDATE!!!!! :) )

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM
  • 190 Replies

Ugh.... Got court tomorrow for custody of my son. My lawyer and my son's lawyer seem to be pretty confident I'll be able to get him. He's been in my parents custody since he was 2 months (LONG story about me and his "father", he wasn't a very nice person and I was too stupid to get out... don't bash for that), he is 4 now. For those of you going to ask why it took so long, I wasn't stable (always in his life)... but didn't have a stable home to bring him to.... I was trying, but young, stupid, and couldn't seem to get on my feet. Me and my b/f have had our home for over a year and just had a baby of our own May 3rd. He has been practically living with us since we moved in, tried to ease him into being with us more... first everyother weekend and a couple of days during the week, on up to most every day and a couple of days at my parents. He has transitioned good and calls this home now.........I'm a bit nervous, but I'm counting on both lawyers (his lawyer said "well, sounds like everything is going good in life, he seems comfortable, so I wont be putting up any fight")..... I'm happy, but scared at the same time... I was lucky I contacted my lawyer when I did, b/c a few weeks later, I got a letter saying I had to pay CS starting July 1st... (yea, quite upset about that.... but different story)

Just thinking outloud...... Trying to stay positive.

I GOT HIM BACK!!! I was so nervous all day! We got up there, my ex was there but didn't say a word. It took all fricking day to get called, lol.... But once in there, my lawyer told the judge pretty much everything I told her about my life now, the prosecuter said no objection, Ash's lawyer said no objection and sounded like mom grew up. Even my ex said no objection, and I swore that he would try to say something about wanting to see him or contest for custody.... but he didn't and as soon as they let us go, he was out of there like lightening..... Hmmm, well, guess he finally did right by me......
I know my baby wouldn't understand, but I just wanna tell him "your offically mine now!" lol.

SOOOOOOOOOOO relieved and happy! :)

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Oh yea.... My parents are more than in full support for me to get him back.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM

BUMP!

my3littleboys
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimGsMommi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Good Luck! Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about!

HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Good luck to you! Is your ex fighting this?

MissMommaX2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:15 PM

think positive though hun. seems like everything will work out in your favor =)

good luck p.s. i almost smacked my monitor because i thought there was a bug crawling on it lol

Ohiomomto2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Good Luck!!!  Let us know what happens!  (Or just me...LOL)

anikahaynes1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:17 PM

wow i would be realy nervious as well! I hope everything goes well for you! It does sound like things are going much better for you now! I'll keep you in my thoughts. you better update us when you find out! :) hugsss!

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I hope he dosn't do anything... he hasn't seen Ash since he was 6 months old. If he were to just pop back into his life, he would be confused as hell.... No, he dosn't call my b/f daddy... not all the time, he knows he isn't his real father, but as of now, his real "father" comming back into his life would be devastating for him.

Quoting HereWeGoAgain9:

Good luck to you! Is your ex fighting this?

joanie31
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)