Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chest pains

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

ok so i woke up this morning with the left side of my ribcage hurting...that stopped and now it only happens when i breath its a dull pain but when i breathe in deep breaths it really hurts...i checked webmd (which i know is not a doctor but was just curious)..it says i should seek medical attention...do you ladies think web md is right and i should go to the e. r. or did i just sleep on it wrong last night...please help....

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Any time you feel chest pains and you don't have a fever or cold that you are aware of, you should seek medical attention.  (If you are pregnant, since you've already had two other children I'm sure you are aware that your baby's position could be the source of the pain

b_rod
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:32 PM

It could be gas.

kriket2004
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM

nope im not pregnant

Quoting CAMKsMom:

Any time you feel chest pains and you don't have a fever or cold that you are aware of, you should seek medical attention.  (If you are pregnant, since you've already had two other children I'm sure you are aware that your baby's position could be the source of the pain

momma2b2008
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Not sure mama! It could be gas pains! I get it sometimes and it really hurts when u take a deep breath! Good luck and I hope you feel better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alotta_fagina
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:35 PM

I get that sometimes . i don't know what it is except that it's not from my heart and i always attribute it to muscle pain or cramps or gas or whatever. pain that radiates down your left arm is an indicator of a heart attack, and other symptoms would be there besides it going away and only hurting when breathing. if you have a regular doctor, no harm going in especially if it happens again.

theycallmemom4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I'm thinking gas but if you think you should get checked out, I would.

janalu
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I get pains like that from dairy, but everyone's different, better safe than sorry? Maybe you could call an emergency number if your doc has one and tell them the syptoms and proceed from there

ColieO
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:39 PM
Sounds like gas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)