Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't u love a friend that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have a friend that always talks then hangs up wants something but never gives back and always asks my husband to fix things and yes she has a husband of her own but is hardly ever there for me !!!!! Am I the only one ??? Does ur friends take and not give to the relationship and what do u do about it ????????

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatesMommy118
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Yep...my "best friend" only talks to me when it's convient for her. She's never there for me when I need here...people suck. whatever happened to having good friends?

b_rod
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Those people do not remain my friend. I'm not a needy person, but sometimes it feels good to vent.

bjw_053109
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:36 PM
This

Quoting NatesMommy118:

Yep...my "best friend" only talks to me when it's convient for her. She's never there for me when I need here...people suck. whatever happened to having good friends?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alotta_fagina
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Quoting NatesMommy118:

this exactly. but then again, now we are only occasional facebook chatters and that is as far as the friendship goes. unfortunetally

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM

No.  Why would I keep someone like this in my life?

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM

ya i have had a few friends like this. i will call and call and call and they won't answer. but the only time i hear back from them is when its convenient for them. or if they want something. i have eventually stopped being friends w/ people like that cuz it just pisses me off too much. its so 1 sided and not fair. i rather have no friends at all then deal w/ that stupid immature crap.

crazymama2kids
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM
then why do you even bother with her? That's not a friend

Quoting NatesMommy118:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:42 PM

The best way to teach someone how to be a friend is to be a friend.  Also, you need to make it clear in a polite way that you expect the favor to be returned.  Maybe take it up a notch by making it obvious what you do to help her..."Hey Friend, I loaned you my car last week, mine is broken down...Can I get a ride to....?"  "Sure I would be glad to give you some milk since you've run out...next time you're at the grocery store if I give you the money, can you pick some up for me?"  "Sure I can give you twenty bucks but it's the end of the month so money is running tight for me.  Please pay me back as soon as possible.  I want to make sure that if someone else needs to borrow money that I can help them like I am helping you."

CafeMom Tickers
SAMNMAYASMOM

Nope.

NatesMommy118

yeah its sad when that happens...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)