Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Driving us up the walls crazy

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Because these kids are driving me up the wall. I have never seen a 10 and 12 yr old kids acting so damn rude, disrespectful, lazy, and spoiled in my life.

They are my stepdaughters and I love them like my own but oh man I could knock their heads together sometimes!

And I think its partly because their mother leaves them unsupervised a lot of the time (she works nights) and doesn't spend much time with them.

They are girls and fight constantly, and they fight with Nickolas too (my 4 yr old) and he is the one who always get hurt. Pisses me off so bad when that happens. He is their brother but damn they need to realize he is still little kid.

we are at our wits end with these kids, they come over for the weekend and think its a free for all and they don't have to do anything. We tell them to clean up after themselves but they don't do anything. We took the tv away from all of them yesterday but still they won't clean up.

DH and I don't know what else to do.......

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SarahFire82
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:04 PM

BUMP!

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:01 AM

I answered this in the other group but wanted to give you a BUMP here. 

sunfreezeinmi
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:02 AM

BUMP!

MaeHamMomma
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:13 AM

BUMP!

Zuryplus3
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:21 AM

tell them they cant come to your house anymore until they start behaving. Skip a weekend to make sure they know your serious. Then do it again until they get the drift.

SarahFire82
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I thought about that but wouldn't that be sending the wrong message? And also I don't think their mother would go for that.

Quoting Zuryplus3:

tell them they cant come to your house anymore until they start behaving. Skip a weekend to make sure they know your serious. Then do it again until they get the drift.

Zuryplus3
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM

that would be sending the perfect message. You dont get rewarded for being bad. Obviously nothing else is working. Taking away toys n tv isnt working so take away all of it. Who cares if theiir mother wont go for it. Tell her you just cant deal with them and your son is affected by their behaivior. I understand they are his daughters but its your home too and your son comes first. It wouldnt even have to be for long. Im sure once they see you actually mean business they will start to listen better.

Quoting SarahFire82:

I thought about that but wouldn't that be sending the wrong message? And also I don't think their mother would go for that.

Quoting Zuryplus3:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

SarahFire82
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM

well I don't agree with you on this at all. We love and treat all of our kids equally, one doesn't come first they are all equal. Doing what you are proposing would also be punishing my son by not allowing him to see his sisters and he does not deserve that. We are just going to lay down the law with all of them and post the rules for them to see. I think if I even thought about sending or keeping them away for bad behavior then I would be a bad step parent. To me these kids are just like my kids and I am not going to take the easy option out by sending them away.

Quoting Zuryplus3:

that would be sending the perfect message. You dont get rewarded for being bad. Obviously nothing else is working. Taking away toys n tv isnt working so take away all of it. Who cares if theiir mother wont go for it. Tell her you just cant deal with them and your son is affected by their behaivior. I understand they are his daughters but its your home too and your son comes first. It wouldnt even have to be for long. Im sure once they see you actually mean business they will start to listen better.

Quoting SarahFire82:

Quoting Zuryplus3:

SarahFire82
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:52 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)