• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone use Mama cloth??

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

I want to get more info on these if anyone is willing to give it. How expensive are they and where can I buy them? Do they work the same as normal pads do? How do they stay in place? How bad are they to wash and can I wash them with cloth diapers? Any information I can get would be awesome.

Thanks!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
norahsmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:01 PM

you can wash them with cloth diapers.  They are pretty pricy up front but over time you save money, just like with cloth diapers.  They stay in place with a snaping 'wings'. Sometimes there is a layer of felt or flannel on the bottom that kind of grips your undies and prevents slipage. I have never used official cloth pads but I have used preemie prefolds folded into thirds and layed in my undies.  Works really well and is SOOO comfy compared to disposable pads.  Really its like night and day.  I am going to make my own cloth pads. There are some great instructions online. 

http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/organiccotton/clothpads.html

zoeysmom331
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Thanks so much! I really hate the disposable ones, they just feel gross, and I figured since I'll be washing cloth diapers anyway... 

colins_mom
by Heather on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Ya know I was just talking to my grandmother about cloth pads today lol.

And this is really off topic but she was telling me that when she was a teenager they would just use cloth diapers and sew them into panties. Or they would tie them onto their panties.

Any way I have been looking into them too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM

they do feel gross. They stick to you, I always felt gross and damp in them.  the cloth ones are NICE especially during postpartum.  They are soft and you feel dry and comfy.  Oh and they don't stink like disposable pads can. 

Quoting zoeysmom331:

Thanks so much! I really hate the disposable ones, they just feel gross, and I figured since I'll be washing cloth diapers anyway... 

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)