Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im in need of help!!!! PLEASE!!! Update

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM
  • 42 Replies

A YEAR ago I tried to donate plasma for a little extra income, Plus helping save a life or two at a place called Bio-life!! But My test came back that I had a false Positive for Hep C... Well got double checked Im FINE!!! But I could NEVER donate again... Ok fine. Well Friday I get a certified letter from Bio-life saying they found ATYA: Atypical Antibodies to Red Blood cells!! I have Tried to look it up but I cannot understand HALF the shit it says!! Other than It happened when I had DS and that It could cause serious issues if I get prego again by attacking my babies Red Blood cells... Has ANYONE else had this and Had a Healthy baby or KNOW more about it??? Im calling my doc Monday to get an appointment to double check and see if I can get some answers!! PLEASE HELP!!! We are TTC NOW and Im TERRIFIED!!!!

Update: Called my OB today and I have to take a Prego Test and if I get a Positve they can go from there and check the blood test and stuff.... also My Medical Coverage has changed and NOW my Regular Doc isn't able to take me anymore SO I have to find a new one.... HOPEFULLY I can find a good one soon!!!

BTW Im about 4-5 days Late sooo... yeah Im freaking out now!!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooke501
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:14 PM

BUMP!

fairymom2316
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM

BUMP!

kennethsmom910
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Idk. Here's a bump for you though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lostandfound34
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:18 PM

from what I can see if you get pregnant you could end up with a very sick child, IF the child could make it. Basicly it boils down to your body would think the baby is a forien object and attack it

maddiesmamma717
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Im thinking its the same thing I had, all they do is give you a shot when your pregnant, and when the baby is born, you get another shot (actually i think it's through the IV ) and depending on the babies blood type she/he may get a shot too

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I just don't understand why its BEEN OVER A YEAR AND they are JUST NOW sending me this Fucking Letter!!!

sorry.... Thank you for letting me know.....

Quoting lostandfound34:

from what I can see if you get pregnant you could end up with a very sick child, IF the child could make it. Basicly it boils down to your body would think the baby is a forien object and attack it

christiea
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM

BUMP!

mysonismyjoy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I have never heard of this, but is there a shot they could give you for it during pregnancy?

maddiesmamma717
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Wait, wouldnt have have gotten shots from your other two kids from this?

KristenFowles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:23 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)