Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you stop working?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:15 PM
  • 41 Replies

With my first pregnancy, with twins, I worked til 35 weeks.  I only stopped because of complications at work, not because of the pregnancy.  I was induced and ended up having a C-section at 37 weeks.  Those last two weeks were the most difficult because I wasn't doing anything, so I started getting bored and uncomfortable.  This time around, I'm 33 weeks and ready to give it up.  It's so much hotter this year, so it's been a lot tougher.  I'm so much more uncomfortable and it's a lot tougher because I'm chasing around two toddlers on top of being pregnant.  I'm scared to stop though, because I don't want it to get worse like last time.  When did you stop working?  My mom worked til she went into labor and I used to want to be like her, until I actually got pregnant...LOL.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv2wahm
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM

with my first, I went to 42 weeks before I was induced..I worked until 3 days before I was induced...my 2nd and 3rd I was a sahm.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:17 PM

I delivered 3 weeks early, so I worked until the day before! I would have been at work and gone into labor if DD had decided to come any later that day, lol.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiebrubaker

mamaoftwins9197
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM

BUMP

CafeMom Tickers
kiernansmom08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM

With my ddI worked up until a week before my due date when I had to leave because my symphis pubis dysfunction made it hard to walk.  With this pregnancy, I'm a SAHM :-)

LovingMyJaybird
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I had my first labor pain at work.. 3 days before my due date.. I couldn't afford to take the time off

Mom2theboy1994
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I went into labor at work, lol. Good times. ;)

mom22angels38
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM
July 1999....I had my ds in March. I worked as a preschool teacher and could bring him with me when I went back. I lasted about a month and a half, then realized I couldn't do
it anymore. Even though I was just in the next room (he was in the infant room), I couldn't get used to somebody else taking care of my baby. About the time he was ready to start school, I had dd....soooo.....here I am :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianav
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM
I have never had a job...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM
With dd I work until 33 weeks when I was put on modified bestrest bc I went into premature labor which they were able to stop after 3 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaoftwins9197
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM

What is that?  I've never heard of it.

Quoting kiernansmom08:

With my ddI worked up until a week before my due date when I had to leave because my symphis pubis dysfunction made it hard to walk.  With this pregnancy, I'm a SAHM :-)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)