Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NERVE DAMAGE? I BELIEVE SO NOT SURE WHAT KIND??

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

When in the process fo having my son, the doctor was adminerstrating the spinal he had to do it 5-6x jut to get in in the right spot. All those times he was hitting what must have been a nerve in the left side lower back but on the side like kinda over my hip. To this day i still have my leg just go dead on me, sometimes i about fall or it feels like someone has kicked me really hard in teh back of the leg. I cant stand to be rubbed or touched in that area either. THIS IS THE BRUIZE THE DOCTOR LEFT ME

NICE RIGHT.....WHEN I WENT HOME FOR 2 WKS I HAD TO MANUALLY LIFT MYLEFT LEG INTO BED. IT HURTS AT TIMES, MAKES ME JUST ABOUT FALL DOWN, NUMBNESS,WEEK LIKE A FOOT THAT HAS FALLEN ASLEEP BUT WORSE....

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MIGHT BE?

aNYONE HAD THIS BEFORE

THANK YOU

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charady2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM

No clue, but that is why I refused the epideral....the possibility of continuing problems afterwards.  Have enough back problems as it is.  Good luck to you though.

LilahandElliot
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I had a bruise similar, It took 2 tries to get the epidural in with both of my kids... I still get aches in my back where I had the epidural... and it's been 2.5 years for DD and 11 months for DS. As far as your leg going numb... that is not normal.... and it does sound like nerve damage. 

CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 PM

You state that you are having mobility problems, show us a picture and want well intentioned strangers to diagnose what could be a life threatening condition. While it's okay to ask if people have been where you are now, relying on strangers without training or education in the medical field to diagnose you could prove to be very dangerous.  Please go see a medical professional.  If you are unable to get an appointment with your doctor, you can try a Walgreens that has a walkin clinic, an urgent care center or the emergency room.

(That looks like a staph infection to me....But that's just my non medical opinion without knowing you)

moretolovemamma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before. I dont have money to go to the doctor, i dont have insurance either dont qualify.

And theres no need to be a smart ass about it=P

Quoting CAMKsMom:

You state that you are having mobility problems, show us a picture and want well intentioned strangers to diagnose what could be a life threatening condition. While it's okay to ask if people have been where you are now, relying on strangers without training or education in the medical field to diagnose you could prove to be very dangerous.  Please go see a medical professional.  If you are unable to get an appointment with your doctor, you can try a Walgreens that has a walkin clinic, an urgent care center or the emergency room.

(That looks like a staph infection to me....But that's just my non medical opinion without knowing you)

moretolovemamma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Not epideral, but a spinal.....took this man 5-6x before he got it right

Quoting charady2:

No clue, but that is why I refused the epideral....the possibility of continuing problems afterwards.  Have enough back problems as it is.  Good luck to you though.

CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Emergency rooms are required to treat you or transfer you even if you don't have insurance or cannot pay.  You could apply for financial assistance and have a greatly reduced bill or possibly not have to pay anything at all.

I was not at all trying to be a smartass.  Sorry you took it that way. 

crodden
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM

where i had mine done, is a non stop pain in my back.. i have talked to my doc about it and she said there is nothing we can do. and this was 2 years ago

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I would try a good chiropractor first. IT could be a nerve issue from the injection, or you could have jammed up in delivery and that area is just along that nerve as well. A good chiropractor will be able to help you determine if that is delivery or injection related nerve involvement.

Good luck. Get well soon

judybant
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM

yep... same thing. My son turned 7 last week, and I still have the numbness in my left leg. The whole outer thigh area is "surface" numb... but at times, ANYTHING rubbing against that leg, will feel like there are hot knives being raked through my leg. Sorry I can't be more rosey on the outcome. And there's nothing you can do about it, because when you signed the consent, it stated that this could be the outcome, and that the doctor is not responsible.

DejaVooDoo
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:08 AM

It sounds like Peripheral Neuropothy to me.

I have PN, but not due to an epi or spinal block. I have the same symptoms in my right leg and foot. I have had both an epi and spinal block before for two separate births. Both times I felt a "twinge" as the needle came close to nerves, but it didn't actually puncture them.

Regretfully for you, these symptoms are rare cases of epi damage - Either from the needle, from the anaesthetic or both.

I would suggest seeing a Neurologist who can find out with neuro-equipment where the damage is. From there they can use digital stimulants to try and get the nerves to work, or help you with physiotherapy.

Mine is acute, and not chronic. It goes down one side of my right leg, over like a bridge around my ankle and then over the foot. This means I cannot "feel" my leg correctly, but that I get pins and needles in these areas. I also do not have full function of my ankle - and I can only move it "up" halfway - And yes sometimes it falls asleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)