Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanted to kill my BIL tonight

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM
  • 76 Replies

So, we were at my in laws today while my dh helped his dad fix his truck.  My bil came over to bring a tool they needed and was, of course, drunk.  My 2 year old, Elijah, loves his uncle Ben.  So, Ben was sitting in the chair in the living room and Elijah was trying to throw a ball to him.  Being drunk (and an idiot) Ben didn't even attempt to catch the ball and got hit in the face.  Let me say that the ball is one of the medium sized bouncy balls from Wal Mart so it didn't hurt, plus Elijah just turned two, it's not like he's a major league pitcher.  Anyway, Elijah went and got the ball and tried to throw it to him again and hit him again so Ben grabbed Elijah by the upper arms and gave him a little shake -not super hard but he was holding him way too hard- and said "I'm going to hit you with that ball if you do that again.  You do that again and it's not going to be good, partner."  So I said, "You touch my child again and it's NOT going to be good, got that?"

Then he started babbling about how kids don't respect their parents and he knows a two year old who slapped a guy in the face 4 times.  Blah blah blah.  Trying to make it sound like we don't discipline Elijah and we don't think he's capable of being naughty.  Uh, yeah, he's very capable of being naughty but he wasn't trying to be when he threw you the ball.  It's not his fault your a dumbass drunk and can't even catch a damn ball that a 2 year old is throwing you.

I am still steaming about it. UGH!

*Update*

So, we talked to my bil about what happened.  He apologized and said he knew what he did was wrong.  We told him that we wanted him to have a relationship with his nephew but we couldn't put any of us in that situation again so, if he was going to drink (even 1 beer) we weren't going to be there.  He agreed with us and said he wouldn't drink at all when we were around.

Then, yesterday someone brought beer to our 4th of July party (we were co-hosting with fil and mil) and what does fil do?? He offers him a freakin' beer.  So, I told my husband and mil that as soon as we were done serving dinner I was leaving.  Then, dh got into it with his dad and his brother over him drinking.  Bil thought it wasn't fair that other people could have a beer and he couldn't.  Uh, yeah, no one else is an alcoholic and no one else would get drunk.  I know we should have asked the guy who brought the beer not to drink it or offer it but I didn't realize he had it until bil had one in his hand.  We did ask the guy who brought it to go put it away.  We need to talk to dh's family more to make it more clear that we won't tolerate any drinking at all from bil.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErikaM27
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM

And you want to kill your bil because of this?

Elijahsmommy508
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Quoting ErikaM27:

No one puts their hand on my child and no one threatens to hit him in the face with a ball either.

ErikaM27
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Quoting Elijahsmommy508:

Quoting ErikaM27:

No one puts their hand on my child and no one threatens to hit him in the face with a ball either.

Did you tell your husband? did he tell your bil something?

FranksHoney
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Oh my! I would have FREAKED out!

Elijahsmommy508
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting Elijahsmommy508:

Quoting ErikaM27:

Did you tell your husband? did he tell your bil something?

My dh was sitting right there, so were my mil and fil.  I just said something first.  My dh talked to bil afterwards and told him not to interact with Elijah when he is drunk because he's not a nice drunk and is completely unreasonable and my fil agreed with him but bil probably won't even remember it in the morning so it's kind of useless.

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:54 PM
I wouldn't even have warned him. I would have snatched him up like he did your son and shake the fuck out of him. God, I wanna hit him in his mouth for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessasmamma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM

you handled it better than i would have. 

Elijahsmommy508
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Quoting BIMOM21:

I wouldn't even have warned him. I would have snatched him up like he did your son and shake the fuck out of him. God, I wanna hit him in his mouth for you.

A few years ago I would have but it would have only scared Elijah more than he already was.  All it would have done was make me feel better. lol.  He got his one warning.

jaynemarie086
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I'm surprised you were able to restrain yourself that much. NOBODY threatens my son, especially not physically. I'm sure the grabbing and shaking didn't hurt him, but it probably scared him to death. He's TWO. He shouldn't have thrown the ball at BIL's face, but again, he's TWO. If you can tell a two year old not to do something and he listens the first time, please share your secret!

Elijahsmommy508
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Quoting jaynemarie086:

I'm surprised you were able to restrain yourself that much. NOBODY threatens my son, especially not physically. I'm sure the grabbing and shaking didn't hurt him, but it probably scared him to death. He's TWO. He shouldn't have thrown the ball at BIL's face, but again, he's TWO. If you can tell a two year old not to do something and he listens the first time, please share your secret!

Exactly, plus it's not like he was trying to hit him in the face, he was throwing the ball away and Ben had plenty of time to react, he was just too drunk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)