• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone's DD been in these types of classes?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am planning on enrolling my 3 year old DD is a preschool dance class at a studio. It is 1 hour a week and they do jazz/tap/tumbling. It sounds like a blast and I think she would love it! I told her about it tonight and she was dancing all over the room! So cute!

"It won’t be like this for long.
One day soon that little girl is gonna be
All grown up and gone
Yeah, this phase is gonna fly by
So, he's tryin’ to hold on...."

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandy.B
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM

BUMP!

mandy716
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM

My three year old started dance last August.  She loves it.  I think they do a bit of tumbling and may even do basic dance steps.  They just had their big recital, it was amazing.  She loves it.

Liyoness
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Yep. And never again. The teacher was an absolute twit and I didn't like the way she treated the kids and basically wasted the class practicing for the recital which the kids played a very SMALL part in. She'd basically bring in the older kids to practice their parts..

If someone else opened up a studio here, or she brought in a second teacher, I would consider such a class again, but NEVER again with that same teacher. Which sucks, because my younger daughter LOVES to dance and I really think she'd enjoy getting into it.

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM
Ds is going to try when classes start again in august
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess_diva
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:11 AM

My three year old is in intro to ballet and loves it, she can not wait for the next week to come so she can go back to ballet class.

psurmont
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:13 AM

My three year old daughter is in a tap/ballet combination and she loves every minute of it and all the frilly leotards and everything that go with it!  I plan on getting her into tumbling along with that when we move to SC!

girlsclubmom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Yes - very cute. Just watch out for the recital - thats where they make the big $.

TariMeccico
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM

My dd is 3 and she just started Ballet,Tap,and Tumbeling. She loves it she knows every tuesday after school she goes to dance. Right now she is in the summer program for dance and school. When the school year starts she will go an hour a class and two classes a week.

isra1986
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:21 AM

No, but I can't wait until DD is 3 and she will be going to one!
I did dance when I was a kid, but my parents could only afford 2 years (That my grandmother paid for actaully, lol)
I loved it! I was so sad I couldn't continue dancing!
DD is a dancer so I know she will love it!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

raegansmom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:32 AM

We just started our 3 year old in dance/ gymnastics about 3 weeks ago & she LOVES it.  Same thing, 1 hour once a week.  Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)