Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is the best tampon for a teen girl to try?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

My one daughter tried a tampon the first time last week and it took 3 tries then she finally was ok with it once in. She wanted to go swimming so that was the only way so she used the once I have pink OBs. Now my other daughter has her period this week and she is 15 and is not sure she wants to attemp trying one but she really wants to go swimming so she is thinking about trying one. What is the best kind to try? I remember not liking them at age 13 so waited till I got older I just did not swim. Now old I like OB it does not have that applicator and is easy for me to insert. Any suggestions on better brands for teens or all they all the same.

by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CAarmywife
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:19 PM

i didnt like them until i was almost 15. i used playtex the plastic applicators.

ronandamy1
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:20 PM

my daughter uses tampax pearl slender

haydsmom2007
by Hannah on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Only ones that has the end that you insert rounded. My best friend always used those cheap cardboard ones that are just open at the top and they were not cool for first time tampon users. I like playtex sport... I dont' know, I only have to use like, one tampon per period though.

Rhyne
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:22 PM
The only comfortable one for me is Tampax Pearl. All others you can feel and I feel like I'm walking like a penguin..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I really like the playtex sport...you might have her try the new kotex u brand

momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Tampax pearl, its the only kind I will use to this day!

Javi05Eli07
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:27 PM

The first tampons I used were OB and I almost never use any other ones.  I can't get the hang of the applicator thing, I usually wind up taking the tampon out of it and then putting it in.

ammbbbeeeerrrrr
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:27 PM

tampax pearl!

ArmyWifeNoDrama
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:28 PM

playtex sport and get a slender or regular sized one

emfm2013
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:28 PM

try a slender one for her, a "light flow". when i started using tampons, thats what i used, and i liked the applicator then, now i dont

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)