Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should the girl buy a Boutonniere for her date for homecoming?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:24 PM
  • 20 Replies
Here's the deal i am basically raising my niece. And she is a freshman and she is going to her first homecoming. She has adate and I think he is buying her a corsage. I didnt go to any of mine homecomings so i am clueless. Do we buy her date a Boutonniere?? Plus is homecoming like prom??? HELP
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SDTL07
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:26 PM
Traditionally the boy buys both, but tell her to ask him if he is buying flowers just to be sure.  I used to work in a flower shop and a lot of the girls bought the boutonniere for their date especially if they were wearing a specific dress color.
Homecoming is like mini prom.  It is the first dance of the year and usually the biggest game of the year, most schools have their homecoming the same night their football team plays the rival school.
2_Whomp_Diddys
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:26 PM
I bought my date one for prom...

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker                  

preview image

zoeysmom331
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:27 PM
Our homecoming was just casual, jeans and t-shirts, but for the formal dances, the guys bought us cousages, and we got them boutonniers

mommy_of_3_boys
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:28 PM
Yes of course.......We always bought for each other. Tell her have fun and be safe.
bearfan
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:28 PM
My daughter went to all of  her Proms and Homecomings and she ALWAYS bought a Boutonniere for her date.  She just graduated two years ago, so I am sure not much has changed since :)

Teresa
www.wolverinevacations.com

tinab37
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:29 PM
My freshman son just went to his homecoming dance last weekend, he went with some friends, I thought it was traditionally kind of a semi-formal dance, but the kids were very casual. :)
Barbara_c
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:29 PM
I know he is buying her a corsage but do girl even wear corsages to homecoming? plus the boutonniere has to match the girls dress? and so does har corsage?/
Catherine2172
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:30 PM
When I came up - in the olden days - lol - the guys bought the corsage and girls bought the boutonniere.  We had to ask they guy what color tie he was wearing so we could coordinate the flower/wrap/ribbon. 
Barbara_c
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:33 PM
What about dress for her it is puffy or elegante and classy?
bearfan
by on Oct. 12, 2007 at 9:40 PM

Quoting Barbara_c:

What about dress for her it is puffy or elegante and classy?
My daughters were always a cross between elegant and classy ~ puffy is for Prom!

Teresa
www.wolverinevacations.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN