Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Crazy Walmart Stories

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM
  • 29 Replies

I have one. One time I was shopping at Walmart and an old man hits me in the heals with his buggy. I thought maybe it was an accident until he done it again. I turn around and go excuse you! I sped up a bit and he was going to do it again so I went down another aisle. I didn't say much since I had my kids with me. But man either he was in a damn hurry or just plain old asshole.

Another time I was in the clothes section. I seen a little boy about 2 years old crying and I didn't see his parents nowhere. I picked him up and bless his heart clung to me bawling. I took him to an associate and while I was still holding him me and her went to look for his parents. After a good 10 or 15 minutes we find her and I hand him to her and she just walks off no thank you or nothing. She was not even panicked just acted non chalant. I could have walked out with him and she been none the wiser. I kept thinking what if some pervert had got him. Poor kid.

by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tonyas3boys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM

BUMP!

cannonsmommy
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I was in walmart a few weeks ago with my ds who's 3. He's an extremely friendly child who likes to say "hi" to people. There was an elderly lady who was in the same isle as us and of course ds said "hi" she said hi back then came over & said "oh aren't you cute". Ds said thank you. Anyway I guess she noticed I wasn't wearing a wedding ring (I'm divorced) & said I just don't understand young people these days who think it's acceptable to have children out of wedlock. It just isn't fair to the poor children etc.... she went on about this for a  good 2 or 3 mins. Finally I was like umm not that it's any of your business but I''m divorced. I was married to my son's father when he was conceived and for a year after he was born. Then she tried to say something about how in her day people stayed married blah blah blah. I was like well times have changed & I'm sorry but I'm not going to stay with a man who cheated on me & had a baby with another woman while we were still married! She said ugh well & walked away.

dyldylsmom
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Wow the nerve of some people!

Tonyas3boys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Quoting cannonsmommy:

I was in walmart a few weeks ago with my ds who's 3. He's an extremely friendly child who likes to say "hi" to people. There was an elderly lady who was in the same isle as us and of course ds said "hi" she said hi back then came over & said "oh aren't you cute". Ds said thank you. Anyway I guess she noticed I wasn't wearing a wedding ring (I'm divorced) & said I just don't understand young people these days who think it's acceptable to have children out of wedlock. It just isn't fair to the poor children etc.... she went on about this for a  good 2 or 3 mins. Finally I was like umm not that it's any of your business but I''m divorced. I was married to my son's father when he was conceived and for a year after he was born. Then she tried to say something about how in her day people stayed married blah blah blah. I was like well times have changed & I'm sorry but I'm not going to stay with a man who cheated on me & had a baby with another woman while we were still married! She said ugh well & walked away.

Wow she sure was judgemental. People I tell you need smacked upside the head lol.

When my youngest was a few weeks old I went to walmart with my now ex sil and bil. I was holding him and a couple made comment wow look a baby holding a baby. I go well I am 20 years old so nope I am not a baby thank you very much. They walked off real fast after that.

oporb
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:11 PM
My walmart tends to be a hang out for teens on weekend nights - not outside, but inside - they'll be playing with the toy balls, cuddling reading kids books in the isles, running, pushing eachother in carts etc. Guess there's no where else to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I worked at Walmart for 3 years.  I have seen it all.  But the most memorable event was went a vietamese man got pissed at his son who was probably 7 or 8.  The man just started wailing on the kid.  Beating the crap out of him.  The boy curled into the fetal position and the man started kicking him.  We called the cops and tried to stop the guy.  I was 18 at the time and was no match for the man.  Once the cops came they took the boy and arrested the man.

vegepunkstr
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I used to work at walmart so I have a lot of stories lol but I remember one day I was working and I heard a loud noise and it turned out it was a gun shot. Apparently some man had a gun in his pants and it fell out and went off nearly hitting one of our employees. The gun wasnt trying to do anything wrong but he took off because apparently he didnt have a concealed weapons permit. It was pretty crazy.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I was using one of those doggie harness/leashes on my 20 MO because she was having a fit and wouldn't stay in the cart and wouldn't let me hold her when this lady came up to me and started yelling at me about how I should be ashamed of myself and that there is no need for my daughter to be on a leash. She made a big old scene while I calmly tried to explain the situation. Then she tried to come talk to me in a different asile! I just told her to stay away from me. I almost lost it with her.

I also had a lady get all rude with me after she had been talking to my kid and asked me about my husband. I told her I didn't have a husband...I had a boyfriend and she got all rude and stomped off. I didn't even get to mention that I was married but he left us for a coworker and was horribly abusive. People are assholes!

togo90210
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM

That is how it is at target  where I'm at, teens are like vampires they come out at night,lol

Quoting oporb:

My walmart tends to be a hang out for teens on weekend nights - not outside, but inside - they'll be playing with the toy balls, cuddling reading kids books in the isles, running, pushing eachother in carts etc. Guess there's no where else to go

torttia
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I saw a boy about 6 hiding in the pad aisle. I hear his mom (I assumed) yelling his name and he is sitting there laughing, so I yell back "He is over here" and she stomps over yelling she was going to beat his ass and stuff, and doesn't go to get him, just stood at the end of the aisle like I was supposed to deliver him to her...I had my son with me and I did not appreciate her language either! No thank you or anything...that was like 2 weeks ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)