Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

To all you "commando" mommas: do you make your kids wear underwear? *poll*

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: The commando question:

Options:

I wear underwear but my kids don't have to

I go commando and my kids can if they want

I go commando but my kids have to wear underwear

I don't go commando and my kids have to wear underwear

I think its ok for little boys to be commando but not little girls

There are certain situations that call for underwear, like skirts, but otherwise commando on kids is fine.

Other(explain?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

So the topic came up in a convo about making your children wear underwear if you don't, since I have 1 friend who doesn't wear them and doesn't make her son wear them. I still think it's kind of icky, since I would obviously not wear the same pair of underwear every day but I know commando people who wear the same pants a few days in a row and that seems the same to me as wearing dirty underwear. ANYWAY, if you're commando, can your kids be?

If you're a mom in need or want to help needy mommies, please join my giveaway group! Weekly diaper bag giveaways full of baby goodies, and more!www.cafemom.com/group/giveaways4mommies

by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:06 PM

BUMP!

Idiosyncratic
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM

option #6

ILive4This
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I go commando most of the time.  Not to work, b/c scrubs are not reliable, lol.  Three of my kids are grown, so they can do what they want, underwear-wise.  Two still live here, and I know they wear them.  My 10 y/o wears them, just as I did when I was 10.

i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Rach makes them wear undies. I wouldn't, because I know how much I *HATE* wearing them. But she has a TOTAL fit if they don't have undies on at all times..

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:11 PM

The only thing I'd be concerned about is when the little girls are older and start their period. Until a girl knows her body better, that could be an unpleasant surprise for a pre-teen(or a 9 year old, as my friend's daughter found out!)

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Rach makes them wear undies. I wouldn't, because I know how much I *HATE* wearing them. But she has a TOTAL fit if they don't have undies on at all times..

If you're a mom in need or want to help needy mommies, please join my giveaway group! Weekly diaper bag giveaways full of baby goodies, and more!www.cafemom.com/group/giveaways4mommies

crazyangel_52
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:13 PM

i go commando sometimes and my daughter does to if she gets dressed by her self, she will not put undies on.

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:23 PM

BUMP!

tayanddyl
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I go commando on the weekends, skirt or not!  My kids must ALWAYS have on underwear.  When they are older they can make their own decisions.

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 9:53 PM

BUMP!

kjsmama0206
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I go comando and i tell my kids to put on underwear because their pants usually fall down and no one wants to see crack, but if they choose not to i dont care its their choice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN