Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For all you judgemental momma's!!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM
  • 31 Replies

Okay so many women on here think if you get WIC then you are poor right? So I guess if you were behind a lady in the grocery store line paying with food stamps you would think they are dirt poor?

This post reminded me of the day I chewed a cashier and bag boy out for being rude. I had gotten looks from them before and one day the cashier had enough nerve to say loud enough for me to hear as I was leaving "must be nice to sit on your ass and pop out babies back to back while we pay to feed them!" Then I heard "by several men obviously."Not only did I chew them out but I also got them fired! Don't judge a book by it's cover. Little did they know that only 3 of those kids were mine, all by the same man, but the other 4 were foster children! Yes they were all very close in age and were from different races. I wasn't on food stamps because I was poor, it was because I needed to feed 4 extra kids and wasn't able to work full time any longer because these children needed a "mom" at home with them.

Now I no longer do foster care (not for now anyway) but I do have 4 kids of my own. People still make assumptions. I have actually ran into the store after going hiking with the girls and been in less than nice clothes and looking all worn out dragging my hot, sweaty kids behind me and when I pull out my debit card to pay the cashier ask "EBT total?" I know it was because how we were dressed and how we looked! Same thing in the mall! If I dress really nice and my kids have on the Aeropostale or Gap clothes the sales people approach us and ask if we need help or a dressing room, but I can go into the same store with my friend and her 2 kids that dress a little homely and we get ignored.

People are just so judgemental and ignorant these days!!!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
junebug624
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I hear ya... and it gets freaking annoying... I know I look young, some ask if Im 16 or 17.. hell i still get carded for rated R movies and im 24!

alwaysmom76

I do foster care too...people are douchebags sometimes!  There was a time when I was out with my 2 bio kids, one of their friends and 3 of my foster kids (close in age, all different colors).  An older woman came up to me and rudely asked "Are ALL those kids YOURS?"  I smiled and replied "Yep...and they all have different fathers"...she was speechless and walked away.

Want to earn a few extra bucks?  http://www.readbud.com/?ref=4628872

dueoctober809

i agree with you, although i couldnt help but be a bit judgemental once when i was in walmart in the check out line, there was a man in front of me with several family members with him and 3 carts FULL of groceries, steaks all sorts of 'luxury foods' that i cant afford to buy, paid for all of it with food stamps, except for 30 dollars the total after his food stamps, he then takes a HUGE wad of cash out of his pocket and has to thumb through many 100 dollar bills to find a 50. that was just plain disgusting to me granted i dont know his situation but damn i wish i could have that lol and i know shame on me for judging im sorry i couldnt help but be a bit mad

Amybelle

here we go.......................AGAIN

marissaj125
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:08 AM

whats EBT?

Zombiegirl82
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Lmao... WIC isnt food stamps by any means. I get both I am a single mom a sole parent and a full time student who is raising on my own a typical child and  a severely autistic child who needs me at home more then I need to work. We live off child support alimony school money and my oldest's disability check. I do what I have to cut corners where I do and yeah I get food stamps and wic to help with the groceries. I will be a special needs teacher in 4 yrs when I finish my degree.

.thickie.thick.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Seriously. I would hate to live somewhere that has nothing but these 'rude' people CM members seem to encounter.

Quoting Amybelle:

expectingmomof3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Actually being rude and being judgemental are two different things! Butting in front of somebody in line is rude, not holding a door for an elderly person is rude. Assuming somebody is lazy, poor, or what have you because of how they look is judgemental.

Quoting .thickie.thick.:

Seriously. I would hate to live somewhere that has nothing but these 'rude' people CM members seem to encounter.

Quoting Amybelle:

.thickie.thick.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:14 AM

happy?

assuming is also rude in my book =]

Quoting expectingmomof3:

Actually being rude and being judgemental are two different things! Butting in front of somebody in line is rude, not holding a door for an elderly person is rude. Assuming somebody is lazy, poor, or what have you because of how they look is judgemental.

Quoting .thickie.thick.:

Seriously. I would hate to live somewhere that has nothing but these 'JUDGEMENTAL' people CM members seem to encounter.

Quoting Amybelle:

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:17 AM

yep. everyone judges everyone else, it's called life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)