Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

101.3 temp

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hey mamas....

my 2 1/2 yr old has a 101.3 temp... diahrrea (sp???)...has had about 4 of those runny diapers today....doesnt seem lethargic, but I am a bit concered...gave him tylenol...and have been pushing liquids...any other words  of wisdom?? thx :-)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ZanGabeAllysMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Not for tonight. Just keep liquids down and keep trying to keep the fever down. Maybe take him to the doc tomorrow to check for infections. Like ear or something. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBlack530
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Personally, I wouldn't give him meds for a 101 temp.  His body is trying to fight something, and the elevated temp is the best way to kill it.

Give him fluids and food if he's hungry. 

And lots of cuddles!

TOMBOI
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM
I do onion in socks..pedialyte to keep electrolites up..gd luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jynnifer292
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:24 AM

It is probably a virus and you are doing what you should be. If his fever goes up give him a lukewarm bath and alternate tylenol and ibuprofen (if he can have it) every four hours if his fever goes up or seems in pain. Just watch for dehydration and give him liquid in any form he will take it. Good luck. So sad when they are sick. I hope he feels better soon. 

catk78
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Im a RN, and I would not be concerned unless his temp continues to go up and the tylenol doesn't help. Watch him for signs of lethargy, not eating or drinking ANYTHING, crying a lot, excessive vomiting or any funny rashes,bumps, lumps on body or genitals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)